Log To Splunk
Version 0.8 Beta
The Log To Splunk Plugin is a CraftBukkit plugin for advanced logging with Splunk. LTS has two primary functions
- Pull advanced logging information (ie. player location, mined blocks, portal creation) from MineCraft in a key-value pair format
- Log the information directly to Splunk via a TCP input
This section provides information about installing and using the Minecraft App.
- Operating System: Tested on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Splunk: The analytics platform from Splunk
- Craftbukkit 1.6.2+: The open source minecraft server from Craftbukkit
- Minecraft App (optional): Advanced, accessible visualizations for LTS data from Minecraft App Github
Splunk Input Configuration
- Download Splunk from Splunk for your desired platform and launch the service
- Confgiure a TCP input as noted in the Documentation for whatever port you like.
- Ensure firewalls and NAT are properly configured if applicable
Installing the LogToSplunk Plugin
- Downlod the jar from Craftbukkit
- Copy the LogToSplunk jar into your craftbukkit server's
- Create a
/LogToSplunkdirectory in the
Create a and edit
/config.ymltext file in the
/LogToSplunkdirectory created in 3
- The text file should contain one line in the format of "splunks: \<Splunk Server>:\<TCP Input Port>" (ie. "splunks: localhost:8888"). Multiple servers can be added as comma separated values between the server:port entries. A port must be specified.
1) LogToSplunk does not maintain connecton across Splunk restarts. The minecraft server must be restarted if Splunk is restarted 2) Time calculations and active players may be mis-reported if player disconnects are not logged properly (ie. due to a server crash). Orphaned sessions may be estimated by running sessions from connection to the subsequent server start. 3) The live map may appear to "shift" as the minecraft world expands and overviewer resets it's origin in future renders. This can be corrected by recopying and modifying the overviewerConfig.js script with the same steps as the installation.
Documentation and resources
When you need to know more:
For CraftBukkit documentation, see Craftbukkit
For all things developer with Splunk, your main resource is the Splunk Developer Portal.
For more about Splunk in general, see Splunk>Docs.
How to contribute
If you would like to contribute to the Minecraft App or Log To Splunk, go here for more information:
Please feel free to open issues and provide feedback through GitHub Issues.
The LogToSplunk plugin is licensed under the Apache License 2.0. Details can be found in the LICENSE file.