LoginSecurity is a lightweight password authorization plugin. You can optionally set a password each time you enter the server, adding a double layer of security to your account. The password is stored inside the configuration file, nobody else except the server owner can access or modify it.
How does it work?
Install the pluign to your /plugins/ directory, then start your server.
Type /register <password>, your account is now locked with a password.
For each time you login, make sure to use /login <password>.
- Register your account optional or required (change in config)
- 5 Useful commands to mangage your password
- Advanced administrative control
- Advanced documentation via wiki
- Secure password storage using BCrypt
- Secure sessions storing to improve user experience
- Customizable time-out
- Map captcha upon registration (user friendly)
- Conversion from AuthMe and xAuth (check wiki for more info)
- Premium support through AutoIn
- Automatic update with changelog overview
- Username filtering (length and characters)
- Highly detailed configuration
- Automatically updated translation manager (user-submitted)
- Prevents being kicked by orther players loging in with your name
Session login allows the user to log in right after they logged out and not have to type in their password again. (1 minute time limit of being logged out, stores IP during that time to keep everything safe)
/lac - Admin command, rmpass and reload
/register <password> - Set your password
/login <password> - Login with your password
/changepass <old> <new> - change your password
/logout - Logout
- loginsecurity.admin - allows admin command
- loginsecurity.update - shows update notifications
Thanks to ServerMiner for making this informative tutorial
Orther tutorials: German (by MineCraftler4Live)
- Add translation interface for easier language selection
- Players can mount/dismount and ride on vehicles while not logged in
By default, LoginSecurity will check for updates from bukkitdev every 3 hours.
This feature can be disabled by setting "update-checker" to "false"
Anyone with the permission node ls.admin will be notified of updates, and it also able to download them via /lac update.
Which again can be disabled by disabling the update-checker
This plugin utilises Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
The Metrics version Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.
Additionally, when the language setting is changed, information is retrieved from lang.lenis0012.com to aquire up to date translations.
- v3.0.2 - Download (18 - 1.15)
- Source code (GitHub)
- https://github.com/lenis0012/LoginSecurity-2/wiki (Wiki)
- https://github.com/lenis0012/Translations/wiki/Contribute (Translation Contribution)
If you want to support me working on this project, please donate.
It helps me alot to keep my projects up.
Donate at the top right corner
Error with latest Dev Build:
In the thread about 1.3.1 there is a solution, i think:
can u make a way that admin will be able to change players password?
can you fix it if the user not loging in that the player cant drop items and cant open the inventory
and you have a nice work =D thums up (Y)
password is not required (unless you say so in config)
also there are no permissions
just typ: /setpass <password>
and on login: /login <password>
Any permissions? I only want my staff to have to enter a password on login. Not all my players.
Thanks for your reply
SqL will be optional soon
I like it! However.. there are a few spelling/capitalization and grammar errors in there that you might want to take a look at.. [To] many arguements.. [Succesfully] [p]lease verify your password Not trying to be a troll or anything but it seems really unprofessional and on top of that it bugs the living crap out of me :P. But other than that I enjoy the plugin it was exactly what I was looking for.. an auth plugin that doesn't rely on SQL or any other impossible to understand programs! Thanks
i will look at your list
stay tuned for updates
A list of things you need to add:
v1.3 released, new recommented and tested version!
oké if you dont need it, then there is no need to download
I don't think I need this
no, it does not use permissions, everyone can use the commands, i am wokring on /rmpass as well ;)
Do you need permissions for this plugin
i think i disabled command use, even the /login
ill fix it right now
Having a problem. I logged in, played like normal, then did '/setpass password' It told me my pw was set, so I logged off.
When I logged back on, i'm stuck, this is good.
I type '/login password' but nothing happens. Nothing in chat. I try '/setpass password2' nothing happens.
I try /kill, nothing happens. I try /duck, "Unknown Command"
What's going on, is there a perms node I need?