jxpl - The javax.scripting Plugin Loader
jxpl is a plugin providing a plugin loader that loads whatever script frameworks work with javax.script, and are Invocable.
End-user Usage: Place scripts in the scripts/ directory in the root directory (where plugins/ is). Do not place scripts in plugins/.
Developer Usage: Example scripts are lined below. It should contain everything you need to get started. jxpl comes with the latest version of Rhino shaded in the jar. Should you want to script using other languages (provided they work with ScriptEngineManager in javax.script), simply drop the JAR of the scripting engine into
Some available languages (and examples, if available):
- Mozilla Rhino 1.7R3, included in jxpl
- Python 2.5 (Jython) (example): http://www.jython.org/downloads.html
- Ruby 1.9 (JRuby) (example): http://www.jruby.org/download
- Groovy: http://groovy.codehaus.org/Download
- Lua (JNLua): http://code.google.com/p/jnlua/downloads/list
For examples, see the language list above.