IMPORTANT - READ THIS
(Added on Oct 18, 2012) Hey future visitors to this page. In case you didn't notice, I haven't done anything with this project in months! Why's that, you ask? Well, at the time I was working on this, the Bukkit API did not allow for an easy way to do what I wanted to do with Iron Guard. Many dirty hacks were used to get this working. I did add and fix a lot of stuff, but I didn't upload it here because the plugin had some crazy weird and dangerous bugs. After many frustrating hours debugging in vain, I decided to stop working on this project until the official Minecraft API was released.
I should have made this announcement earlier, and I'm sorry for the months of silence. I didn't forget about this project, I just ignored it. When the Minecraft API is released, I will develop this project for that and release it. If the Minecraft API is released, and I don't want to work on this project, I will release the most recent version of my source code so that someone can use it if they need.
If you have questions, post here or PM me.
Iron Guard - Take control of Iron Golems!
With Iron Guard, Iron Golems are now under your command!
To create an Iron Guard:
- Find an Iron Golem (it can be natural or player created) and right click it. This will change it into an Iron Guard.
- After that, you must give that Iron Guard a name. You can do that by using the command
/ig name [the guards name].
- You will now have a guard that you can interact with!
- Create an Iron Golem and right click it to turn it into an Iron Guard!
- Give it a name!
- Your guard will follow you around unless you tell it to stay!
- Have your guard attack players at your command
I may forget to update this page after I upload a new build so if you download this plugin, be sure to check the file's description for the most accurate list of features
Visit the Commands Page for a list of commands, how to use them, and their description.
With Iron Guard players can:
- Protect their base from unwanted intruders with whitelisting and blacklisting
- Give their Iron Guard protection priorities like who's protection/death should be your Golem's top priority
- Give their Iron Guard an area to wander and protect
- Despawn their Iron Guard to regain its iron
- Request protection from someone else's Iron Guard
- Expect more features to come!
With Iron Guard admins can:
- Limit the size that players can set for their Iron Guards to wander
- Set how agressive an Iron Guard is (player has to be within x amount of blocks to attack)
- Limit the number of Iron Guards a player can have
- Set a price for an Iron Guard
This project is still in its early stages. So, if you have an idea for a feature that you would like to see in this plugin, let me know what is and I'll do my best to include it!