This tutorial will explain you how to use symbols and add custom ones.
• [x] = █
• [/] = ▌
• [.] = ░
• [..] = ▒
• [...] = ▓
• [p] = •
• [|] = ⎹ (thin vertical bar)
How to add custom symbols
Open the file "placeholders.yml". Each line associates a placeholder with one or more symbols.
1) Choose a symbol (this is a really good website)
2) Find its code. For example, the hex code of this symbol is U+2588.
3) Format the hex code like so: \u2588 (This is how java is able to see the symbol)
4) Add it to the file and reload the plugin.
You want to add this symbol to a hologram. Let's choose a placeholder: [#]. Now we find the code of that symbol in the linked page: U+2318. Add this line to placeholders.yml:
Now you can add that symbol in a hologram by simply using [#].