Gringotts: Item based currency.
Gringotts is an item-based economy (currency) plugin for the Bukkit Minecraft server platform. Unlike earlier economy plugins, all currency value and money transactions are based on actual items in Minecraft, per default emeralds. The goals are to add a greater level of immersion, a generally more Minecraft-like feeling, and in the case of a PvP environment, making the currency itself vulnerable to raiding.
Gringotts was originally created for the Minecraft Wars PvP/survival server.
- Item-backed economy (configurable, default emeralds)
- multiple denominations with automatic conversion (for example, use emeralds and emerald blocks)
- Storage of currency in chests and other containers, player inventory and ender chests (configurable)
- direct account-to-account transfers commands
- optional transaction taxes
- fractional currency values (fixed decimal digits)
- Account support for Factions, Towny and WorldGuard
- Vault integration
To get notified of new versions, please subscribe to file updates.
- DEPENDS ON JAVA 8. If your server is not on Java 8 yet, you should upgrade, or ask your service provider to upgrade. Java 7 isn't supported anymore by Oracle.
- Should now work both in regular as well as async context. This means there should be no more "Asynchronous entity world add" errors anymore, and Gringotts is now compatible with Towny in async mode, as well as other plugins that call economy methods asynchronously.
- The maximum virtual money allowed for an account is now equal to the lowest denomination, instead of the highest. I changed this because that behavior was causing lots of confusion.
- fixed other minor bugs
- built for Minecraft 1.9 and Factions 2.8. May not be compatible with older Factions versions!
- unsupported versions of Factions should be handled more gracefully now.
- updated to current version of Metrics-Lite. Fixes annoying error messages.
- Named denominations: Each denomination can now have its own name, which will be shown in /balance messages and the like. To activate this feature, use the
named-denominationsconfig setting. By default this will use the denomination's displayname or regular item name, but you can define a custom name as well. See configuration instructions for details.
- Balance messages can now be configured to show only regular balance or also vault/inventory balances.
- Now also supports
&prefix to color codes in messages and item displayname/lore in addition to the default
- can now also used Vault-supported item names in denomination config, not only regular Bukkit names. This can make the config a bit more intuitive. (requires Vault)
- lore config for denomination items now also allows a simple string instead of a string list.
- configuration should now always be loaded as UTF8.
- fixed an issue with
/moneycommands failing on some servers.
- adds display name and lore support for currency items. See configuration instructions on how to configure this. Note you will need a third-party plugin to rename items not created by Gringotts. Thanks to dj5566 for contributing this feature!
startingbalanceconfig option works again
See: Gringotts open enhancement issues on GitHub. You're welcome to vote on enhancements important to you, but I might not have the time to implement them.
Check out the Gringotts Wiki for more hints and a troubleshooting guide.
Installation and Configuration
Download Gringotts and place it in your craftbukkit/plugins folder.
Please see the Configuration and Permissions document on how to configure Gringotts.
Storing money in an account requires a Gringotts vault. A vault consists of a container, which can be either chest, dispenser or furnace, and a sign above declaring it as a vault. A player or faction may claim any number of vaults. Vaults are not protected from access through other players. If you would like them to be, you may use additional plugins such as LWC or WorldGuard.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your name on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[faction vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your faction's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
- To make a vault for your town: place a sign above a container block, with
[town vault]written on the first line.
- To make a vault for your nation: place a sign above a container block, with
[nation vault]written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your town's or nation's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Display your account's current balance.
/money pay <amount> <player>
Pay an amount to a player. The transaction will only succeed if your account has at least the given amount plus any taxes that apply, and the receiving account has enough capacity for the amount.
/money withdraw <amount> /money deposit <amount>
Withdraw an amount from vault storage into inventory, or deposit from inventory to a vault.
/moneyadmin b <account>
Get the balance of a player's account.
/moneyadmin add <amount> <account>
Add an amount of money to a player's account.
/moneyadmin rm <amount>
Remove an amount of money from a player's account.
Reload Gringotts config.yml and apply any changed settings.
- First, check the Wiki.
- For support requests, feature requests and bug reports, please open a ticket.
- Drop by the Gitter channel and talk to me (jastice), and I will drop by.
- When your issue is resolved, update the wiki troubleshooting page!
Also, follow me on twitter: @ebenwert
Source and Continuous Integration
Gringotts is open source. View, fork and edit on Github
CI Builds have not been review by BukkitDev staff. Install at your own risk, just like anything else from the internet.