Gringotts: Item based currency.
Gringotts is an item-based economy (currency) plugin for the Bukkit Minecraft server platform. Unlike earlier economy plugins, all currency value and money transactions are based on actual items in Minecraft, per default emeralds. The goals are to add a greater level of immersion, a generally more Minecraft-like feeling, and in the case of a PvP environment, making the currency itself vulnerable to raiding.
Gringotts was originally created for the Minecraft Wars PvP/survival server.
- Item-backed economy (configurable, default emeralds)
- multiple denominations with automatic conversion (for example, use emeralds and emerald blocks)
- Storage of currency in chests and other containers, player inventory and ender chests (configurable)
- direct account-to-account transfers commands
- optional transaction taxes
- fractional currency values (fixed decimal digits)
- Account support for Factions, Towny and WorldGuard
- Vault integration
To get notified of new versions, please subscribe to file updates.
- DEPENDS ON JAVA 8. If your server is not on Java 8 yet, you should upgrade, or ask your service provider to upgrade. Java 7 isn't supported anymore by Oracle.
- Should now work both in regular as well as async context. This means there should be no more "Asynchronous entity world add" errors anymore, and Gringotts is now compatible with Towny in async mode, as well as other plugins that call economy methods asynchronously.
- The maximum virtual money allowed for an account is now equal to the lowest denomination, instead of the highest. I changed this because that behavior was causing lots of confusion.
- fixed other minor bugs
- built for Minecraft 1.9 and Factions 2.8. May not be compatible with older Factions versions!
- unsupported versions of Factions should be handled more gracefully now.
- updated to current version of Metrics-Lite. Fixes annoying error messages.
- Named denominations: Each denomination can now have its own name, which will be shown in /balance messages and the like. To activate this feature, use the
named-denominationsconfig setting. By default this will use the denomination's displayname or regular item name, but you can define a custom name as well. See configuration instructions for details.
- Balance messages can now be configured to show only regular balance or also vault/inventory balances.
- Now also supports
&prefix to color codes in messages and item displayname/lore in addition to the default
- can now also used Vault-supported item names in denomination config, not only regular Bukkit names. This can make the config a bit more intuitive. (requires Vault)
- lore config for denomination items now also allows a simple string instead of a string list.
- configuration should now always be loaded as UTF8.
- fixed an issue with
/moneycommands failing on some servers.
- adds display name and lore support for currency items. See configuration instructions on how to configure this. Note you will need a third-party plugin to rename items not created by Gringotts. Thanks to dj5566 for contributing this feature!
startingbalanceconfig option works again
See: Gringotts open enhancement issues on GitHub. You're welcome to vote on enhancements important to you, but I might not have the time to implement them.
Check out the Gringotts Wiki for more hints and a troubleshooting guide.
Installation and Configuration
Download Gringotts and place it in your craftbukkit/plugins folder.
Please see the Configuration and Permissions document on how to configure Gringotts.
For full information on configuration and usage in Gringotts v2.x, please see the configuration page and the usage page respectively.
Storing money in an account requires a Gringotts vault. A vault consists of a container, which can be either chest, dispenser or furnace, and a sign above declaring it as a vault. A player or faction may claim any number of vaults. Vaults are not protected from access through other players. If you would like them to be, you may use additional plugins such as LWC or WorldGuard.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your name on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Place a sign above a container block, with
[faction vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your faction's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
- To make a vault for your town: place a sign above a container block, with
[town vault]written on the first line.
- To make a vault for your nation: place a sign above a container block, with
[nation vault]written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your town's or nation's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Display your account's current balance.
/money pay <amount> <player>
Pay an amount to a player. The transaction will only succeed if your account has at least the given amount plus any taxes that apply, and the receiving account has enough capacity for the amount.
/money withdraw <amount> /money deposit <amount>
Withdraw an amount from vault storage into inventory, or deposit from inventory to a vault.
/moneyadmin b <account>
Get the balance of a player's account.
/moneyadmin add <amount> <account>
Add an amount of money to a player's account.
/moneyadmin rm <amount>
Remove an amount of money from a player's account.
Reload Gringotts config.yml and apply any changed settings.
- First, check the Wiki.
- For support requests, feature requests and bug reports, please open a ticket.
- Drop by the Gitter channel and talk to me (jastice), and I will drop by.
- When your issue is resolved, update the wiki troubleshooting page!
Also, follow me on twitter: @ebenwert
Source and Continuous Integration
Gringotts is open source. View, fork and edit on Github
CI Status: Current Development builds Automatic Release builds
CI Builds have not been review by BukkitDev staff. Install at your own risk, just like anything else from the internet.
Have you added the derby jar into the lib folder?
If you did, could you please send me the error stack traces? Thanks!
With Gringotts installed (amongst other plugins), /money and /balance throw errors. Additionally, tested using Essentials Sign shops, I can not buy items due to 'insufficient funds,' despite holding a stack of emeralds in my hand. So it doesn't seem to be hooking properly. Any thoughts?
Thanks for that quick reply - and fixing of the error! Thats what I call great plugin-support! Too bad my server had a hickup, while you where there - just wanted to thank you ;)
To everyone else: I can really really recommend this plugin, if you're on a RP Server or on a PVP Server or every other Server - I mean REAL money guys. No more virtual numbers.
Thanks for the report. Can you give a step-by-step description on how to reproduce the problem? I could also stop by your server later and have a look myself, if you message me the details.
I'm currently using Bukkit 1.4.2 and Gringots 1.3 and got the error, that no money is removed from anybody. Neither from vault nor from their hands.
Ah makes sense. I thought it was talking about being able to use another item as a lower tier currency. Thanks for explaining!
Thanks! The fractional part is simply a virtual representation of "cents", or hundredths, of the main denomination.
Brilliant plugin, I've been waiting for a physical currency system. Quick question, I've no idea how the fractional currency values work, could you please enlighten me?
Jobs should work fine with Gringotts, as long as you also have Vault installed. Any money added to a player's account by Jobs will be added to their vaults or inventories as emeralds.
Sure, I'll put the coloring thing on my list! You are also free to add suggestions on the issue tracker at Github.
Just a quick suggestion, Could you make your plugin change the color of the title on the signs as a confirmation that it worked. Its just such a common method that would help a bit since I seem to run into such dumb players that can never understand if it worked or not.
By the ways, Thanks for the Tekkit compatible version. This helps get my server one step closer to being to coolest server ever.
EDIT: FYI, I seem to be getting a NullPointerException when the player breaks the sign above the vault which also kicks the player. You might want to take a look at your subroutine that detects and removes the broken sign from config. <
Please write to me how i get emeralds without mining. My idea is: - server without emeralds (to solve problems with hacks - X-ray ) - i need using any plugin with jobs who could give the money instead emeralds
I see Jobs plugin in settigs is options only money or XP :( Does anyone have any idea how to realize this?
Thx for help
still using this awsome plugin thanks for all the help
I should be thanking you for a creative plugin that actually works. :]
Great! I originally had the dependency included, but Bukkitdev doesn't allow that... I'll see what I can do about towny.
Please make a support for Towny, and perhaps make a bank like
[towny vault] for your related town or something, just wondering and thanks.
Fixed it by making my own "lib" folder in the craftbukkit folder, and updated vault and this. You should have it so that Gringotts automatically does it :[ GREAT PLUGIN BTW.
Constantly getting errors, i have no idea where the "lib" folder is, i even created a folder just for it, and still to no avail, it saids that "Is it up to date" and yes i have version 1.2.1, and 1.3.2 CB.
Thanks for the report. A few questions:
Keep getting errors when I use commands, I've installed all the required plugins needed.
Here is my error: http://pastebin.com/3erZEi53