UploadedDec 23, 2014
Supported Bukkit Versions
Recent Major Changes
- Finding offline players by name - Version 9.0 and higher. For sake of performance (not producing lag), players and admins can only target offline players who've recently logged in with Grief Prevention slash commands like /trust, /transferclaim, /claimslist, and so on. I plan to keep working on this to make all players targettable without causing a lag problem. This limit on who can be targetted is a temporary solution to work around a problem introduced by the CraftBukkit team when they made the switch to support player UUIDs.
- UUID Conversion - Version 8.1 and higher. During boot, an often very slow, one-time conversion process will replace player names in your data with player UUIDs. This process can take as long as one second for each player who has EVER played on your server. Make a backup before you upgrade, and please be patient. If this process is interrupted, you'll have to restore from backup and start over. This change will ensure players who change their names will not lose claim blocks or access to their land claims. If there's a problem, I need to know whether you're online/offline/bungee, whether in database or flat file mode, I need your boot logs from the conversion attempt, and if possible, a snapshot of your data from before the update.
- Disabled worlds in config - Version 8.5 and higher. If a world is "disabled" for land claims, then no land claims which already exist in that world (including administrative land claims) will be protected. For those upgrading from an earlier version ONLY, to ensure all existing land claims are protected, GP has defaulted worlds which were disabled to allow claims again, including player-made land claims. If this isn't what you want, update your config.yml.
- Piston limiting - Version 8.1.7 and higher. Pistons won't move blocks outside of land claims. This is a huge performance win, but if you want the old rules back, there's a new config option to disable this rule. Yes, players do get an explanation/warning when they place pistons outside of land claims, to avoid confusion for newly-placed pistons.
- /DeathBlow Removed - Version 9.3 and higher. It's no longer necessary, since the items players drop on death are now protected. This protection is on by default in non-PvP worlds, and off by default in PvP worlds. You may customize it in the config file.
All Recent Changes
- Sand/gravel cannons won't place blocks in land claims anymore.
- Fixed overly sensitive similar message filter and CAPS filter.
- Fluids may now flow into subdivisions from the parent claim, but not vice-versa.
- Fixed nether portal traps (needs a Spigot bug fix to start working).
- Added a config option to limit total land claims per player.
- Improved readability of /ClaimsList output.
- Fixed claim visualizations missing some visualization blocks.
- Made new player help harder to miss and easier to understand.
- Made an effort to educate players about claim subdivision when they make very large claims.
- Added /GPBlockInfo to help modded server owners edit the config file correctly.
- Players may now give away pets with /GivePet.
- Pets are now protected from many build-based attacks, for example flint/steel, lava buckets, and sand/gravel (suffocation), keeping them safe when you take them with you outside your land claims.
- Admins may now damage other players' pets using /IgnoreClaims, and can use /IgnoreClaims to transfer another player's pet with /GivePet.
- Added pet protections.
- * The original tamer of a pet has access to that pet at all times, even in another player's land claim.
- * Only the original tamer of a pet may interact with or damage it, even when it's in another player's land claim.
- * Protections are on by default in non-pvp worlds and off by default in the rest. You can customize this in the config file.
- * "Wild" untamed pet ownership is determined by the land claim the pet is in, if any.
- * I plan to allow for administrative overrides (/ignoreClaims) with pets, and to allow players to give away their pets in the near future. If players have "traded" pets, your best option for resolving it in the short term is either turning off pet protections for now, or killing the pet and spawning a new one in its place (so it can be retamed). I also plan to protect pets from damage by simple build, for example fire and lava.
- Fixed overzealous item protections preventing players from picking up items that shouldn't have been protected.
- Fixed unwanted log entries related to sending messages about commands used in console mode (like /acb from the console).
- Fixed armor stand protection again (the Spigot team broke it).
- Fixed log entries related to chat slash command usage.
- Water will no longer flow from top level claim into a subdivision, or vice-versa.
- Administrators may now view all nearby claims at once by holding shift and right-clicking with the stick (permission: "griefprevention.visualizenearbyclaims").
- Allowed /claimExplosions to bypass the "no exploding blocks above sea level" rule in survival worlds.
- Dropped prohibitions against placing hoppers and hopper minecarts underneath land claims.
- Added more control over in-game eavesdropping (signs and private messages) to the config.
- Fixed disappearing subdivisions.
- Removed /DeathBlow. The items players drop when they die are now protected, so there's no need for administrators to /DeathBlow thieves after an incident. This is on by default in non-PvP worlds, and off by default in PvP worlds. You may customize it in the config file.
- Fire protections (spread, block ignition, block destruction) now apply only to worlds where land claims are enabled.
- Admins will now get in-game education about /ac and /acb commands when it's helpful.
- Fixed log spam related to minecarts taking damage.
- Armor stands may now be placed in land claims in creative mode worlds.
- In-game sign logging (in the chat box) now includes the sign's coordinates, and is formatted much better.
- /DeleteAllAdminClaims works again.
- Fixed "all birch doors are locked" problem for new servers. Anyone upgrading should remove ID 194 from the "container trust" list in their config file.
- Partially fixed "new admin land claims are always 1x1". You can create a larger admin land claim by using the shovel from far away (not right up against the block you're right-clicking on). There's a CraftBukkit/Spigot bug fix that needs to happen before this can be totally fixed.
- All the new door types are now lockable (see config).
- Creating or destroying an armor stand requires build permission in the land claim.
- Interacting with an armor stand also requires build permission.
- The new fence gate types are now lockable (see config).
- Banners are protected.
- Faster player name lookup by UUID (general performance boost).
- Back compatibility fix for the API - the allowBuild() method.
- Non-Vanilla items are now treated with suspicion - trying to right-click with them while pointing at a claimed block requires build trust.
- Now caching more offline players so that they can be found by name, for fewer "player not found" errors.
- Greatly reduced CPU time finding offline players by name, but only recent players (within the last week) are targettable.
- Referring to offline players with commands is now back for all players.
- Fixed creeper explosions injuring claimed animals.
- Fixed land claim slash commands sometimes not working for very small land claims and subdivisions.
- Fixed "max accrued blocks" missing from the config file.
- Added a config option to give players only part of their claim blocks back when they abandon a claim. It's off by default.
- Milking cows now requires only /containerTrust, not /trust.
- /gpreload is working now.
- Now compatible with TheUnderground mod.
- Fixed players stealing animals with fishing rods.
- Fixed players harassing other players in land claims using snowballs (on PvP servers configured such that land claims should be PvP-free zones).
- Performance improvements for player logout, claim cleanup, claim block delivery, and claim lookup.