GPTownship relies on a couple of other plugins to actually work.
Extending on top of the work that leezallen and SuperPyroManiac who made the Real Estate plugin for GriefPrevention. I wanted to give more functionality to the existing work that they provided and lock in GriefPrevention with an economy even more so.
I have always prefered GriefPrevention over any of the other plugins that allow you to protect your lands. The simplicity of claiming land even for a new player that has never worked with the plugin, instead of having to do research on all the different kinds of commands has always appealed to me.
But if you want to run a working economy on your server I feel that buying and renting out land should be a massive part of that economy. following the work that leezallen and SuperPyroManiac have done in the form of GP Real Estate for quite a while now I had always hoped that they would implement a system where rent was collected daily instead of just once, when people buy/rent the claim.
So I have taken matters into my own hands so to speak, Not nearly as proficient in Java as I would have liked to be, I have added some of the core functionality at this point and I would like some of you to give this plugin a bit of a test and give me feedback on what I could add/improve on.
Selling and Renting out claims
Setting up a sign on your claim with the [TS] or [Township] (Not case sensitive) on the first line and a price (Example: 123) on the second line will put your claim up for sale. Anyone right clicking that sign (with the right permissions) will buy this claim from you transfering money from his account into yours ownership of the claim will be lost in the process.
Setting up this same sign on a subclaim though does something completely different. This will put your subclaim up for lease, Anyone right clicking will rent this claim from you. Resulting in that player being named "Manager" on that claim. and being automatically charged at a specific time (set by the server administrator) by the amount that you put on the second line of the sign. (Setting the value after RentCollecthour in the config to 0 will turn of auto collecting of rent)
Once a player has rented a subclaim from you he will have this claim for as long as he is able to pay daily rent. If he is unable to do so he will be removed from the claim. Additionally he may also use the /townshipleave command to end the contract for the subclaim he is currently standing in.
- GPTownship.* - Should give you all permissions, might not actually be accurate at this point in time.
- GPTownship.sell - Allows player to sell claims and subclaims
- GPTownship.buy - Allows player to buy claims and subclaims
- GPTownship.Adminclaim - Allows player to sell admin claims
- GPTownship.collect - Allows player to run the /townshipcollect command (There is an automated system built into the plugin that lets you collect daily rent at a set time specified in the township config, this command is intended to be used only if that system fails for any reason)
- GPTownship.leave - Allows player to end contract for the claim he is currently standing in.
- /townshipcollect - As mentioned above to be used only if the built in collection mechanism fails for some reason.
- /townshipleave - As mentioned above the player can use this to end the contract for the claim he is currently standing in.
This plugin is really new, Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Current planned features:
- /townshipevict - Evict player from the sublclaim (Not quite sure how to implement this feature at this time since it could be used possibly to evict players and the owner of the claim could then just steal all of the items.)
- Max subclaims - I read somewhere that someone requested this feature for GP Real Estate I will try my best to implement this here.
This plugin utilises Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Opting out of this service can be done by editing plugins/Plugin Metrics/config.yml and changing opt-out to true.
If you want to help build the Township plugin check it out on GitHub