Item frames, paintings, armor stands and leash knots are, for simplicity, called objects on this page.
Protect your item frames, paintings, armor stands and leash knots!
Very simple to use.
- Protect item frames, paintings, armor stands, leash knots and end crystals (objects)
- Per player protections
- Prevent natural destruction of objects (global)
- floating objects that would get destroyed instantly by default game physics
- other such things
- Prevent destruction by mobs, unfortunate coincidences and other causes (global)
- skeletons shooting at objects
- players shooting at objects
- creepers or other explosives exploding next to objects
- piston movement
- Prevent objects from malicious players (protected objects)
- stop players stealing items from your shop item frames
- protected objects can only be destroyed by their owner (or admins)
- Stop players from placing specific objects at all (via permissions)
- Respawn disappeared objects (protected objects)
- when you have floating, protected, item frames and have to start the server without FrameProtect and they get removed by default game physics, it will respawn them when it is loaded again
- The latest version supports Minecraft 1.7.10 and up
- Players, worlds and entities are always referred to via UUID to ensure correct assignment
- Protections can be saved to an SQLite or a MySQL database
- Fine tuning via configuration file and permissions
- Pre-made translations in several languages + fully customizable in-game messages
- Customizable prefix and command
- Many configuration options
FrameProtect 2.8.7 is here!
What's new? (since 2.7)
- add 1.12+ support
- add end crystal support
- major performance improvements due to asynchronous saving
- improve respawn mechanism
- temporarily generate blocks to make sure item frames, paintings and leash knots get spawned where they normaly would not
- minimize console output (no more "Unable to respawn disappeared *" spam)
- add new translations (Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean)
- use bStats (bstats.org) for plugin metrics
- use spiget (spiget.org) for update checks (no more console spam with UnknownHostException)
- add option to disable error logging (writing log files)
- add option to get rid of disappeared object respawning related messages (enabled by default)
- some other fixes
Your server is not running 1.7.10 or newer? Info page for older versions of FrameProtect
If you want to import old data, please have a look at import old data.
> Make sure that your server is running at least Minecraft 1.7.10 and Java 8.
> Put FrameProtect.jar into your plugins folder and restart the server.
Import old data (from 2.5 / 2.6)
FrameProtect 2.8 has integrated data import functionality.
Data migration SQLite <-> MySQL
FrameProtect 2.8 has integrated data migration functionality.
You can find all configuration options including description and default value in the config.yml file.
Future Features / Todo
- Add world specific configuration
- Add purge command to remove all protections of a specific player.
- Add debug commands (remove broken protections, etc.)
- Add the possibility to add members to your protections, so they can be accessed by other players.
- Readd some commands and add the option to disable direct protecting/deprotecting by clicking.
- Any requests?
- See Help
FrameProtect checks for new versions every now and then using the spiget API (check only, no download). You can disable this by setting settings.allowUpdateCheck in config.yml to false.
FrameProtect sends statistics about the usage to bstats.org. You can disable this for all plugins by setting the option enabled in the YourServerFolder/plugins/bStats/config.yml file to false.