ForumAA - An easy way to reduce spam on your forum!
ForumAA is short for Forum Account Activation, which is a clone of TheKris1234's
- Reduce spam by requiring users to activate forum accounts through a Minecraft command.
- Autoactivate users as soon as they log in, no command required! (Disabled by default)
- Custom profile fields - This allows users on your forum to register with a username other than their Minecraft username.
How To Install:
- Go to your forums, log in as an Administrator and go to the Administration Control Panel
- Under "General" > "Board Configuration" click "User Registration Settings"
- Set it to "By Admin"
- Go to your forums and log in as an Administrator and go to the Admin-CP
- Click on "Configuration" -> "User Registration and Profile Options"
- Change "Registration Method" to "Administrator Activation"
- Go to your forums, log in as an Administrator and go to the Admin Control Panel
- Under "Home" > "Options" click "User Registration"
- Uncheck "enable email confirmation"
- check "enable manual approval"
- Go to your forums, log in as an Administrator and click on the Admin tab
- Under "Members" > "Registration" > "Settings"
- Change Method of registration to Admin Approval
- Go to your forums, log in as an Administrator and click on the AdminCP link.
- Under System Settings > Security and Privacy -> Security [Managing Members]
- Change the New registration email validation setting to either User then Admin or Admin.
- Download plugin and put into /plugins
- Start server. The plugin will create /ForumAA/config.yml in /plugins and disable itself
- Edit the file appropriately. HELP BELOW
- Reload Server.
How to use:
- Log in as the username registered on the forum and type /account activate You will receive a confirmation message.
- no permissions used "yet"
Database: #Hostname for your SQL server. URL: localhost Port: '3306' Username: username Password: password Database: DB-Name Table_Prefix: smf_ Forum: Type: smf URL: http://forum.myserver.com Optional: # Leave this blank unless your allow users to register with names other than their Minecraft IGN Custom_Field_ID: '' Login_Activation: false
- Give me your ideas
- IPB support added.
- Async tasks added to stop server freezes.
- Fixed config file generation.
- MCstats added.
- Fixed account activation messages.
- Added support for console commands triggered by activation
- Config changes, Will need to let the plugin rebuild it.
- Updated to 1.2.5-R1.0
- Added full support for XenForo, SMF is also added but not tested.