A special plugin for those who like to watch things burn. Fire gouts of flame to amaze and terrify your opponents. Fully working and impressive pyrotechnics with no client mods required! Just load up your inventory with fuel, hold the Flamethrower tool in your hand, and hold down right-mouse-button to fire the flame jet at your hapless targets.
Thanks to VariationVault for providing the video demonstration and tutorial.
- Impressive pyrotechnics
- Easy to set up and get started
- Flamethrower is easy to handle and fire
- Minimal server lag, and customisable rate of flame for slower (or faster!) machines
- No client mod required!
- Choose who can use the flamethrower through permissions (default is op only)
- Completely customisable in-game and in the config.yml
- Change the Flamethrower tool (default is blaze rod)
- Change the Flamethrower's fuel (default is blaze powder)
- Change the rate of fuel consumption (default is 64 per minute)
- Change the rate of flame generation (default is 32 per second)
Ideas for future development
- Add configuration option to remove lava from the flame stream
- Add optional additional tools and fuels with individually configurable fuel consumption and flame generation
|/FlameSetTool [material name/id]||flamethrower.commands.flamesettool (default op)||Change the flamethrower tool to any item using its name or ID|
|/FlameSetFuel [material name/id]||flamethrower.commands.flamesetfuel (default op)||Change the flamethrower's fuel type to any item using its name or ID|
|/FlameSetFuelRate [fuel per minute]||flamethrower.commands.flamesetfuelrate (default op)||Changes how much fuel is consumed per minute (0 for infinite!)|
|/FlameSetFlameRate [flames per second]||flamethrower.commands.flamesetflamerate (default op)||Changes the rate of flame production. Reduce the rate for slower machines, or increase to see some even more impressive pyrotechnics|
- flamethrower.use (default op) - Assign this permission to allow use of the flamethrower tool
- flamethrower.admin (default op) - Grants access to all of the flamethrower admin commands
Don't have a permissions manager installed? Try GroupPermsLite!
Compatibility and Troubleshooting
This plugin uses Java 7
If you get the followed error on starting up the server with this plugin installed "Unsupported major.minor version 51.0". This means you are using an out of date version of Java. If you don't know how to upgrade, please contact your server hosting provider and ask them for help in upgrading to Java 7, or contact Oracle customer support. Mac OS X users require JDK 7 instead of JRE 7.
None found so far. If you have a plugin that's incompatible with Flamethrower, please let me know!
If you'd like to contribute towards the continued development, support and maintenance of this project, please consider joining me on Patreon, and making a one-time or recurring pledge.
If you need help you can leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. You can also join my IRC chatroom using the following link. Please note, I am not always watching chat! Type my name to get my attention, if I am there, I will respond. http://webchat.esper.net/?channels=XHawk87&prompt=1