for Bukkit / Spigot 1.8+
Note: The current version of this plugin can be found here. Support of older versions and feature requests can still be requested below.
Use an item of your choice, a feather by default, to guide players back to their last death location.
Unlike the /back command, FindDeathLocation does not simply teleport players to where they last died. Instead, clicking with the configured item will tell you the distance between you and your death location. A fun yet challenging way to allow players to find their dropped loot! Great for survival or factions servers! Completely configurable, very simple, and very lightweight.
- /finddeath - allows players to find their last death location, requires the permission finddeathlocation.command, but not needed if players have the finddeathlocation.item permission.
- /tpdeath - teleport to your own death location, requires the permission finddeathlocation.tp
- /tpdeath <player> - teleport to a players death location, requires the permission finddeathlocation.tp.others
FindDeathLocation has the following permissions:
- finddeathlocation.item – use the configured item to find your last death location.
- finddeathlocation.command – use /finddeath to find your last death location.
- finddeathlocation.tp – use /tpdeath to teleport to your death location.
- finddeathlocation.tp.others – use /tpdeath <player> to teleport to a player's death location.
- finddeathlocation.tp.bypass – bypass the teleportation delay.
- finddeathlocation.log – allow admins to see players death locations.
This plugin collects data on the number of servers it is being run on, as well as the combined amount of players. All data is kept anonymous. No server ips/names or player names are collected. If you would like to opt out of this data collection, feel free to change the "metrics" value in the config.yml from true to false.
Collected data can be viewed at http:mcstats.org/plugin/DeathFeathers/
- /finddeath <player> command. To allow players to search for other players deaths..
- Language translations.
- /tpdeath cooldown
- Done - Ability to choose between 2D and 3D distances.
- Done - Send death locations to console
- Done - Send death locations to admins
- Done - Compass points to death location.
- Done - Configurable teleportation delay
- Done - Language file.
- Done - Admin ability to teleport to a players death location.
I am open to suggestions! Please leave a comment for any features you’d like to see. Thank you!