FastTravelSigns: Simple Exploration/RPG-Friendly Warping
Version 1.0.6 released. Requires Java 8 and Bukkit/Spigot 1.10+
Please report any Bugs or missing features as soon as possible.
Tired of warp plugins that give your users access to a full range of public warp points as soon as they're given a certain permission? Want to encourage your users to explore rather than teleporting everywhere? Want to make them work a bit for their instant transportation? FastTravelSigns may be for you!
This plugin provides a means to create special [FastTravel] signs in your world, which your users may find and 'activate' by left-clicking them. At that point they may Fast Travel to them anytime. The idea here is that they have to get to a place before they may warp to it, similar to fast travelling in games like Oblivion and Skyrim (or even the Fly move in Pokemon!).
- Very simple setup - most extra features are optional and it works great out of the box!
- SuperPerms/Bukkit Permissions support (Tested with PermissionsEX. See "Permissions" section below).
- Configurable cooldown between uses, and warmup before teleporting
- "Always on" automatic warp signs that will always be available to all players - Automatic signs are marked green on your list of available points!
- Economy support (Requires Vault)
- Signs are fully protected against removal by unprivileged users
- Growing list of handy administrative abilities
- You are now added to a sign if you enter a specific range
- Notifies admins if an update is availabile
- You can choose your destination in an inventory menu
- Uses the new UUID system
- Full support for SQLite and MySQL
- Signs can be shown on Dynmap
- Signs can be moved to new sign
You know the drill. Download FastTravel.jar and drop it into your plugins directory. If you wish to use the Economy support to charge your users for FastTravelling, also make sure you have installed Vault. This Plugin requires Java 8.
Run once to generate a default config.
rmh4209 has made a handy Youtube video demonstrating installation and usage (still working but misses some features). And I made a YouTube video in german myself for a newer version.
See the Usage page.
The following permissions can be given to control the use of the plugin. (Default is OP access for all permissions.)
- fasttravelsigns.use: Allows use of the /ft command to list travel points and to actually travel.
- fasttravelsigns.multiworld: Allows fast-travelling to points located in other worlds than the one the player is currently in.
- fasttravelsigns.create: User may create FastTravel signs (unauthorized ones are removed).
- fasttravelsigns.remove.own: User may remove FastTravel signs they created.
- fasttravelsigns.remove.all: User may remove all FastTravel signs, including ones they did not create.
- fasttravelsigns.list: Use the /ftlist command to list all FastTravel signs.
- fasttravelsigns.price: Use the /ftprice command to set the price to travel to a FastTravel point.
- fasttravelsigns.delete: Use the /ftdelete <point> command to delete it.
- fasttravelsigns.auto: Use the /ftauto <point> command to toggle whether or not it is "automatic", that is, "always on" and available to all players.
- fasttravelsigns.setpoint: Use the /ftsetpoint <point> command to set an alternate teleportation point for the sign.
- fasttravelsigns.reload: Use the /ftreload command to reload configuration and sign database.
- fasttravelsigns.overrides.cooldown: Allows user to bypass the cooldown setting if > 0.
- fasttravelsigns.overrides.allpoints: Allows user to teleport to every existing fast travel point, multiworld or not.
- fasttravelsigns.overrides.price: Allows user to bypass any costs for using fast travel.
- fasttravelsigns.overrides.warmup: Allows user to bypass the warmup setting if > 0.
- fasttravelsigns.clear: Allows user to clear all players from a sign.
- fasttravelsigns.remove: Allows user to remove a player from a sign.
- fasttravelsigns.setrange: Allows user to set the range of a sign.
- fasttravelsigns.save: Allows user to save the database.
- fasttravelsigns.update: Update notification will be shown on login.
- fasttravelsigns.menu: Allows the use of inventory menus /ftmenu.
- fasttravelsigns.show: Allows the usage of /ftshow and /ftshowrange.
- fasttravelsigns.convert: Alows the usage of /ftconvert [dbtype] to change the database system on the fly.
- fasttravelsigns.move: Allows the moving of a sign.
- Removing the block underneath or attached to a sign may result in the sign floating in midair.
- Occasionally a sign might be placed in such a way that users end up teleported to the ground below the sign. This does not have any obvious cause I can find yet. (Possibly fixed as of v0.4)
- If the sign is placed on a wall above ground level in a room, you may end up teleported to the room (or roof) above.
- 1.1.0 - Might take a while
1.1.0 will drop support for files based databases. Either a SQLite or MySQL database will be used. This will enable me to add support for BungeeCord
Report any bug you find here: Issues
Development builds of this project can be acquired at the provided continuous integration server. These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
For news follow me on Twitter: Follow here