This plugin allows you to add additional fake players in your server player list, which you see when press "tab"-key in game. Fake players could be added manually or you can use NPC's name to show at player list.
This plugin is using library ProtocoLib to provide a fake information at server list menu. If ProtocolLib is not installed you will not be able to add fake players to your server.
- Colorize real players name in list. In addition you can define color for name of your server admin group
- Display fake player names in list.
- Display NPC's (provided by Citizens plugin) name in list
- Add/remove fake players
- Override /list command and show same information as in TAB-list
- Fake serverlist menu to show fake counters for online players, reserverd slots and motd.
Review by ServerMiner.
German Turorial by LegendSmile: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/fakeplayers/pages/main/more-video/
Why do I want it?
You need to install FakePlayersOnline if you need to:
- Change color of player list
- Show a fake information about logged-in players;
- Show NPC's name to your players;
- Show an additional "moto" or short message in player list;
How to use it?
- Install FakePlayersOnline and ProtocoLib
- Add fake players in list
- Press tab key
- /fpo help - display help page
- /fpo lock - lock (and unlock) server. When server turns to locked all players will be kicked.
- /fpo real - toggle overriding real players in list
- /fpo add <fakeplayer> - add fake player to list
- /fpo join <fakeplayer> - add fake player to list and broadcast join-message
- /fpo del <fakeplayer> - remove fake player from list
- /fpo leave <fakeplayer> - remove fake player from the list and broadcast leave-message
- /fpo list - display fake playerlist
- /fpo fake - toggle displaying fake players in list
- /fpo npc - toggle displaying NPC's names in list
- /fpo serverlist - toggle fake online info at server list menu
- /fpo slots [fake reserved slots] - toggle faking the reserved slots counter or set it's value
- /fpo listcmd [command1,command2..] - toogle using the /list command overriding, or define /list command aliases
- /fpo online [fake players online] - toggle faking the fixed online counter or set it's value
- /fpo motd [MOTD] - toggle using the alternative MOTD or set it's value
- /fpo cfg - display current configuration
- fakeplayers.config - allows to use all commands of the FakePlayersOnline
- fakeplayers.canseehidden - players with this permission will see name of hidden players in list (FakeQuit, Vanish, etc...)
- fakeplayers.red - will color name of players with same permission to red (by default, or any other color defined in config)
- fakeplayers.unlock - allows player to ignore lock-state of server (can connect to locked server, will not kicked after /fpo lock command)
Metrics and update checker
FakePlayersOnline includes two features that use your server internet connection. First one is Metrics, using to collect information about the plugin (versions of plugin, of Java.. etc.) and second is update checker, checks new releases of FakePlayersOnline after plugin startup and every half hour. This feature is using API provided by dev.bukkit.org. If you don't like this features you can easy disable it. To disable update checker you need to set parameter "version-check" to "false" in config.yml. Obtain more information about Metrics and learn how to switch it off, you can read here.
Like this plugin?
You can buy me a chocolate!
- Plugin downloads: 70000
- Chocolates received: 2
Mmm... VanishNoPacket? :) I'm going to add hiding list to FakePlayersOnline. But not in current release :)
I will no "hook Essentials", because I'm using AdminCMD :) But if I find a universal way (and a time) to realize your suggestion - I'll do it.
Like everyone else, I would like to see it on the server list too, where it shows how many players are online. Also, could you hook this into Essentials that way the /online shows the usernames and /tpa, /tell and other commands do not throw back a "player not found." Also, if you manage to find a way to hook it into Essentials, find a way to make the players be listed as being /afk.
does it REALLY help that much? We only can see it by Tab. I wish the players were apparead on the slot number like 5/144.
Would be nice if you could add fake server slot numbers with the fake players.. Like I do /fpo add [player] and it adds another players on the server list like this 2/24 players online and I do it again and it becomes 3/24 players online. Sorry if this is unreadable or something. <3
can you please make a plugin that hide your name when you press tab.(or if there is one plz tell me the name)
Hello, first of all, good job! ;)
After ... is possible to make the server believe that players "Fake" are "real"?.
I have a plugin, it needs to run online players (minimum one), called "SleepDisable". If just one player, (real), it automatically out of the bed, but if more players online, no. So I need to make the server believe that there really is at least one player online forever, that this plugin works well.
You can create a player "Fake" and that the server sees it as "Real"?.
I placed a donation to support your project and I need you to make a similar plugin for me :) Check your inbox
what does that mean?: "toggle displaying NPC's names in list"`? If you have a Citizens 1.x plugin installed, you can show name of NPC in list.
About other suggestions: Thank you. I will think about it. Now I have not much time to work on this plugin, so I don't predict when suggested features could be implements.
thx for the plugin. it would be very nice, if fake-players can join and leave automatically by user-options like:
the players should be shown on the login-browser-screen... that would be nice.
It would be also nice, if the commands where available in the console. Thx for this plugin! ;)
We need that the fake players are listen to the online players (i.e. 3/10)
@dafuriousbadger @loot99 @JJoHH
Hello, FakePlayerOnline just show a fake players (or NPCs) in list. It did not implemented a /list command. But I think, I can add this feature in next release.
Will server listing sites list the players are real with a server query?
Is there any way you can integrate it into the player list?
That would have been an epic idea.
No, unfortunately not.
Does this affect the minecraft multiplayer menu where it has the server, the motd, and online players (i.e. 3/10)
This is just what I need to take a screenshot of my friend and I in Minecraft, but I don't get what you mean by "Install."
I guess I'll figure it out soon?