UploadedMar 14, 2012
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.2.5-R1.0
- CB 1.2.4-R1.0
- CB 1.2.3-R0.2
NOTE: this is an alpha release of our 1.7 development branch. Not a production release, not even a beta, an alpha. Several features from the 1.6 branch have been removed temporarily, there are some remaining issues to be worked out, and there is almost no documentation yet for the many changes included. You additionally will not be able to safely downgrade from a 1.7 release back to a 1.6 release. Based on these reasons, this release is definitely not recommended for normal users.
Update specific to the 1.7 branch:
- Updated /f config to support modifying "factionFlagDefaults" and "factionPermDefaults". Both of these settings require an additional argument more than other settings.
/f config factionFlagDefaults firespread false - set default "FIRESPREAD" faction flag to false
/f config factionFlagDefaults monsters true - set default "MONSTERS" faction flag to true
/f config factionPermDefaults build ally - for default "BUILD" faction permission, add/remove permission for allies
/f config factionPermDefaults withdraw member - for default "WITHDRAW" faction permission, add/remove permission for regular faction members
Combined changes from 1.6 branch:
- Fix: If plugin failed to load correctly for various reasons, it could potentially end up wiping the board or faction list. This should now be prevented. Example: if you loaded 1.6.6 (not 1.6.6b) on CB 1.1-R6 or newer, it would trigger an exception at startup and cause this problem.
- Custom events are now provided for other developers to hook into to create their own plugins based around Factions! Check the factions/event folder in our source for the currently implemented events. (by patrickfreed, bladedpenguin, and donington)
- Removed dependence on external GSON lib in lib/gson.jar. GSON 2.1 is now embedded in CraftBukkit itself.
- New setting "logPlayerCommands" (default true) which can be disabled to prevent player commands from being logged.
- New setting "playersWhoBypassAllProtection" (default empty), which is a list of player names that should always bypass normal faction protections such as block destruction and placement. This is primarily for use with other plugins/mods which use a fake player to take action, which shouldn't necessarily be subject to protections provided by Factions. Note that case is important; you must preserve the exact capitalization of the name.
As with every other setting, you are advised to use /f config to modify it. Example:
/f config playersWhoBypassAllProtection fakePluginPlayerName - add/remove the specified player name
- Reworked radius claim method. The old method tried to put together a list of chunks, and then tried to claim them all in one go starting from one corner of the overall area. It now starts in the current chunk and spirals outward, in a repeating task designed to keep from overloading the server. New setting "radiusClaimFailureLimit" (default 9). If claims are unsuccessful that many times in a row during a radius claim, the task will cancel out. There is no longer a limit to the specified radius since the process should no longer cause major server stress, and due to the process canceling out after several failures as just described.
- Faction homes should no longer be lost if their target world isn't already loaded when Factions loads at server startup. This is done using a new lazy-load Location container class which only initializes the Location when it's actually needed.
- Fixed slashless commands not being logged if player was in faction chat or alliance chat mode.
- Fix for "econClaimUnconnectedFee" not working correctly.
- Connected standard command handler getCommand("f"), solely for the sake of other plugins which might directly execute commands using that interface.
- Various minor optimizations and cleanup.
New conf.json settings:
"logPlayerCommands": true, can be disabled to prevent player commands from being logged.
"radiusClaimFailureLimit": 9, when someone is attempting a radius claim, it will halt if this many claim attempts in a row are unsuccessful.
"playersWhoBypassAllProtection": , list of player names that should always bypass normal faction protections such as block destruction and placement. Primarily for use with other plugins/mods which use a fake player to take actions.
ALPHA release, not for normal use.