EpicSpleef is a plugin for the minecraft minigame spleef. You don't know what spleef is? You can find a great description >here<.
- Comprehensive statistics
- Multilingual (language file)
- Nice looking scoreboard
- Uses some cool 1.8 features like titles
- Highly configurable
- Infinite arenas
- Supports lobbies (optional)
- Ingame shop for particles and similar stuff
- Get snowballs for destroying blocks to fight campers (optional)
- Some cool gamemodes: Normal, BowSpleef, Splegg, SpleefRun
- Fight on animals. Ride a rabbit/pig/sheep/villager/etc. while fighting!
- Ingame commands to create lobbies and arenas
- Can be used in protected worldguard regions without having to configurate anything (should work for other protection plugins, too)
- Inventory-GUI for joining, statistics and the shop.
- Multiple floor levels
- Cool low-gravity mode (As if you were on the moon)
- Tabcomplete commands AND arguments
- Three types of spectating: normal, normalFlying and gamemode 3!
- Rewards (money or/and points)
- Auto-Updater with many features. (How to disable?)
- Code available on GitHub
- Lots of other stuff
|/spleef ?||Shows a list with all avaiable commands||spleef.help|
|/spleef join [arena]||Attempts to join an arena||spleef.join|
|/spleef stats||Shows your statistics||spleef.stats|
|/spleef create <arena>||Creates a new arena in your world||spleef.create|
|/spleef addSpawnloc <arena>||Adds a spawnlocation at the place you are standing on. This also saves yaw and pitch!||spleef.addspawnloc|
|/spleef addBlocks <arena> <worldedit/lookingAt/standingOn> [-saveMaterial]||Adds the blocks to the floor. If -saveMaterial flag is used it will save the current material of the ground, else it will use snow as floor material.||spleef.addblocks|
|/spleef setLobby <arena> <lobby>||Sets the lobby of the arena.||spleef.setlobby|
|/spleef setValue <arena> <flag> <value>||Sets some flags. (more detailed description comming soon)||spleef.setvalue|
|/spleef flags [arena]||Lists all flags and theit values||spleef.flags|
|/spleef start||Sets the countdown to 5||spleef.start|
|/spleef reload||Reloads the plugin||spleef.reload|
|/spleef update||Updates the plugin||spleef.update|
|/spleef delete <arena> <arena> [deleteStats]||Deletes an arena. If the deleteStats flag is used it will also delete the stats for this arena.||spleef.delete|
|/spleefLobby ?||Shows a list with all avaiable commands||spleeflobby.help|
|/spleefLobby create <lobby>||Creates a new lobby in your world||spleeflobby.create|
|/spleefLobby addSpawnloc <lobby>||Adds a spawnlocation to the lobby||spleeflobby.help|
English description: https:wiki.nitrado.net/en/EpicSpleef
German description: https:wiki.nitrado.net/de/EpicSpleef
You want to try the plugin before installing?
There's a public testserver to test the plugin: spleef.nitrado.net
I'vd found the bug. It's a really small error in version 0.0.15. I'll publish an update today to fix the bug. Besides spamming the log the bug has no effect on zthe game.
The command normally should work. Are there any errors in the serverlog (besides when pinging the Server).
I cant create a lobby with the command listed for creating lobbies.
Using command: /spleeflobby create spleeflobby
Error is Wrong usage! Please type /spleeflobby ?
Does this plugin work on 1.8.3?
Thx, I'll take a look at this.
when ping server
Thank you for your feedback.
1. At the moment there's no command to remove a lobby. The plugin is still in an early state of development (alpha) so sometimes there are some small things missing. I'll try to add a command in the next version. At the moment you can only edit the arena.yml and remove the lobby: "yourLobby" line.
2. This souldn't be possible... Are there some errors in the server log?
3. Type /spleef setValue <yourArena> spectateLocation to set the spectate location. Then type /spleef setValue <yourArena> spectateType <value> to set the spectate type. Possible values are gamemode3, none, normal and normalFlying.
4. I allready know this bug but hadn't a good idea to prevent it. A delay is a great and simple to implement idea! Thanks. :)
I'm sorry that you have so much trobble with the plugin... I'll try to answer your questions/feedback as good as I can. :)
1. The plugin uses a SQLite database to store statistics and stuff like that in a local file. It's not necessary to configurate something. Maybe your database is broken... Try to delete the "database.db" file in the plugin's direction and then restart the server. I would be very grateful if you can send me your serverlog to find and fix the bug. Without the exact error it's not possible for me to fix the bug :(
2. I'm pretty sure it's caused by the broken database. If the databasebug is fixed this sould be fixed, too.
3. Who did your tried to set it up? See my answer to OutcastZeroOne's question.
4. See my answer to OutcastZeroOne's question.
5. Yes, I'm sorry for that :/ I'll try to improve the description over the time, but I'm not a native english speaker, so it takes much more time for me to describe everything than it would for someone who's mother tongue is english. Besides that my highest priority is to fix bugs and improve the plugin itself, not only it's description. When the plugin is in beta (at the moment it's only an alpha) my highest priority will be to create an extensively description/tutorial.
The plugin is enjoyable and has some nice features and mechanics that make spleef interesting, but unfortunately some major bugs have forced me to switch.
1. The console is spammed with messages of attempted and failed SQL connections, but the config does not have any configuration on SQL.
2. Players are able to remove and keep, the diamond shovels and nether stars from the /spleef stats GUI, this could be repeated a limitless amount of times.
3. The spectating system seems to be broken, as it was impossible to set up.
4. Many players had the issue that when they finished a game, they would be teleported back to the joining sign and as they had just been clicking furiously, they accidentally hit the join sign again.
5. This isn't really a "bug", but there is a severe lack of information on here, and the plugin wiki.
Hello, so far im liking the plugin, been setting up a few arenas but im not clear on somethings
1: how dose one delete lobbies?
2: how do i set up a lobby and then have players go there. my set up I have a "hub" where all the arenas are linked for players to go to and spectate around but I cant find the command to actually get players there.
3:how do you set up the spectate area? the cords system, ive tried all variations of it i can think of and cant get it to work.
4: is there way to make some sort of cooldown / delay between a player finishing a game and joining a new one? a lot of players are finishing matches but then they accidently rejoin the arena because they where mid-click in the last match.
Type /spleef flags to see all available flags.
Type /spleef setValue <arena> <flag> <value> to change the value of a flag.
To tee the current configuration of an arena, type /spleef flags <arena>.
BtoBastian, how do i edit the epicspleef flags? cuz i want to set the spec location and spec mode to gm3. HELP PLS :)
If you've added a lobby they shouldn't. Did you tried to restart your server?
Why spawn the user directly into the arena when they click the sign?
Thanks for the reply you in advance
PS:Thanks for the last question
@alteropa /spleef addJoinSign <NameOfArena>
How to create a Sign? pls help me
public fields are bad practice. Take a look at this method: https://github.com/BtoBastian/EpicSpleef/blob/master/src/main/java/de/oppermann/bastian/spleef/util/PlayerManager.java#L12
@Edit4: Well, I thought I had already implemented it...
I forgot to add a flag for this, but it's already implemented in the code... It's no big deal to add this. Will be added in the next version. ;)
@Edit1: The particles are only for ingame usage. I'm not sure if I'll add an option for global particles.
Phew, got a small problem: 1. Created a small arena, did /spleef create Spleef-1 2. I set the spawn points (4) 3. Created with /spleefLobby createLobby Lobby-1 4. Set the lobby spawn with /spleefLobby addSpawnloc Lobby-1 5. Did the /spleef addBlocks Spleef-1
When people join, they won't join to lobby, they go instant to the spawn points of the arena! I want to add lobby 'cause I saw that there's a point shop with particles etc., I dunno how I did it before with lobby, I think it was the same but still.. they won't join to the lobby, they join to the spawn points of the arena, not in the lobby spawnloc. If possible, create a tut for how to make a lobby... if I did anything wrong...!
Edit: The particles are for ingame (spleef only)? 'Cause I have already installed "UltimateParticles" for the players, they can buy them with Tokens (every vote: 1 token)
Edit 2: Weew, fixed about the lobby, there were 2 lobby spawnloc's on the config file of Lobby-1, deleted one of 'em and now lobby is completed.. now I would like to know if particles are GLOBAL (I mean that can be used even on the outside world, not ingame).
Edit 3: Voted for Ranking system + 1 lobby with many arenas (mapvote). It would be so great!!! <3
Edit 4: It would be awesome if you add in the config file about the waiting time, whenever people have joined (when required people join) the waiting time is 60sec until it starts, is there any command to change the waiting time to ... :/ 20 secs?
You can create a join Sign using the /spleef addJoinsign <Arena> command. (see /spleef ?)
SpleefRun is a gamemode. You have to use this command: /spleef setValue <Arena> mode spleefrun. (see /spleef flags)
How do I make a join sign? Cant seem to figure it out, also how do I set up spleefrun? Do I set it in the flags?
Yes, there's a spectator mode. You can choose one of three possible modes: gamemode3, normal and normalFlying
Just type /spleef flags [Arena] to see all flags. One of them is the spectateType (normal, normalFlying or gamemode3) and the spectateLocation. You doesn't need to set a spectateLocation when you choose gamemode3. Normal and NormalFlying need one because there is no "NoClip" like in gamemode 3. You should protect the arena with barriers or something like that to make sure, that they can't enter the arena as spectator.
I was wondering, I have this plugin on my server and I really like it. But the thing I was wondering about was, is there any automatic spectator mode, when you die, you automatically became a spectator? Because that would make the plugin even better. If it is not a spectator mode, you should add it in the next update. :)