* MAIN SUPPORT IS NOW ON DISCORD *
For further discussion and announcements, see us on Reddit or Twitter.
A Google Maps-like map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in a browser. Easy to set up when making use of Dynmap's integrated webserver which works out-of-the-box, while also available to be integrated into existing websites running on Apache and the like. Dynmap can render your worlds using different renderers, some suitable for performance, some for high detail.
Components allow you to add/remove functionality to make Dynmap suit your needs. Using the components Dynmap comes supplied with, there is support for chat balloons, web-to-game chat, and configurable markers, areas, and lines.
- Highly configurable maps per world
- Real-time updates: maps are kept in sync with your world in real-time, updates are shown while your leave your browser open
- Players with their faces are visible on the map
- Chat messages are visible (as balloons or in a chatbox) on the map.
- Map viewers can chat to players in-game.
- Current Minecraft time is visible on the map.
- Current Minecraft weather is visible on the map.
- WorldGuard, Residence, Towny and Factions regions that can be visible on the map (through corresponding Dynmap-* plugins)
- Overall highly configurable and customizable.
Copy dynmap-*.jar into your plugins directory. If you are upgrading, delete the previous dynmap-*.jar - you do NOT need to delete the plugins/dynmap directory or its contents.
If you are running a separate webserver (like Apache) you may need to copy the files from 'plugins/dynmap/web/' to a directory in your http-root and follow this guide. When upgrading, make sure you also upgrade the copied files.
First time use
When you start CraftBukkit, you should be able to navigate to http://yourserverip:8123/ in your browser. In case you are running CraftBukkit on the PC you are currently working on, you can navigate to http://localhost:8123/. You should be able to see the players who are in-game. Note that the map is not yet rendered, therefore the background will be black.
If you are planning on using the HD renderer, now would be a good time to do so. Enable 'deftemplatesuffix: hires' in the top of configuration.txt. More information about deftemplatesuffix is available at Base plugin settings.
If you just want to see Dynmap work, use the following command in-game: /dynmap fullrender. The wiki contains more information about commands and permissions. The map should reveal itself gradually in the browser, give it some time. Progress messages indicate that Dynmap is working and will show when the render is completed.
Both to demonstrate the API, and to help manage the growth of this already-huge plugin, we've started producing additional plugins for Dynmap. All of these will depend on Dynmap and interface through its APIs, but only need to be added by folks that are interested in the additional function they provide:
- dynmap-mobs: Provides marker layer for real-time position of selected mobs on dynmap maps.
- dynmap-residence: Successor to the 'regions' support for Residence in Dynmap, with live update of Residence changes
- Dynmap-WorldGuard: Successor to the 'regions' support for WorldGuard in Dynmap, with live update of WorldGuard changes
- Dynmap-Towny: Successor to the 'regions' support for Towny in Dynmap, with live update of Towny changes
- Dynmap-Factions: Successor to the 'regions' support for Factions in Dynmap, with live update of Factions changes
- Dynmap-CommandBook: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using CommandBook.
- Dynmap-Essentials: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using Essentials.
- Dynmap-GriefPrevention: Add support for showing Grief Protection claims
- Dynmap2CraftIRC3: Integrate Dynmap's web chat with IRC via CraftIRC
- Dynmap-SimpleClans: Integrate SimpleClans with Dynmap
- Dynmap-HeroChat: Integrate HeroChat v5.5+ with Dynmap
- Dynmap-PreciousStones: Integrate PreciousStones with Dynmap
- Dynmap-AdminCmd: Integrate AdminCmd with Dynmap
- Dynmap-Citizens: Integrate Citizens with Dynmap
Mods integrated with Dynmap:
The following mods are known to support dynmap integration without needing an add-on:
Also, for the best response to questions and such, please post comments to our main forum thread - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/. Once again, having more than one place just isn't helpful, and this is where the 'Dynmap Community' already operates.
This plugin utilizes bStats.org plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to bstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Donations and Tips
Dynmap and my other mods and plugins have always been free, as I work on them as time permits and not as a job - the upside is that the price is good, the downside is they get the time I have left after working, taking care of my family, and other things!
I've set up a coffee-fund jar (I believe in the theory that software developers are machines that turn caffeine into code), for anyone who wants to throw in some tips! For Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/dynmap or for Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/michaelprimm
Hello, I was wondering how and if it's possible to add text on a dynmap instead of clickable markers. I need to name regions and areas on my server.
See the example below:
Could anyone help me?
the ip doesnt work
In reply to iThatOneKidTwitch:
Hi, I was wondering can I use my subdomain or does it have to be my ip. Even then neither of them seem to load for other players.
Hey there, I'm using Dynmap-3.0-beta-5-spigot and I'm experiencing a weird issue where my map does not render correctly, even with fullrender. All colors a very weird, trees appear blue and orange, oceans appear green and land appears grey. I'm using the standard textures. Any tips on what might be causing this? I've looked around and cannot find a similar issue.
EDIT: fixed. I put a # in front of deftemplatesuffix and that caused the issue. Why I did it? I have no clue. But it's fixed now and working perfectly.
Imma be testing the v3.0-beta-5 Just letting you know... Since FactionsUUID works with Dynmap. I have some testing to do. and yea... anyways thanks for the Updates! really appreciate the work.
In reply to Instantout:
# "14": 1
# "15": 1
# "16": 1
Does This support The new 1.14.4 Features well 1.12.2 (Item Names instead of Id's)?
ETA on Bukkit update for 1.14.4?
In reply to Zraebiel:
is there something wrong with the jarfile provided by BloodRaptorTV below?
In reply to xsmethsx:
Looks like its for Spigot in case that makes a difference.
I just updated Dynmap to 1.14.4:
Build yourself: https://github.com/benschbrothers/dynmap
Mikeprimm just released his 1.14.4 version!
Doesnt work on my 1.14.3 server. says it s not a compatible version or something like that. When using the 3.0 snapshot it does work https://dynmap.us/builds/dynmap/Dynmap-3.0-SNAPSHOT-spigot.jar
Great plugin! Kudos for a good job! Working fine on 1.14.3.
I however have yet to understand the usage of "deficon" property for marker sets. More specifically, is there a way for the user to omit the icon in signs and the default icon for the set be used instead? I thought this was the purpose.
Thanks in advance!
Hi there. Is there a way in the dynmap configurations to set the default view on the webpage to surface, instead of flat? The surface render is much more breathtaking, but people on my server are having trouble finding how to switch to the surface view.
By default, loading the webpage is the overworld flat view. I'd like the default view to be overworld surface.
It doesn't work on 1.14.
[10:42:30 WARN]: Unexpected exception while parsing console command "dynmap"
org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'dynmap' in plugin dynmap v2.2-1118
at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46) ~[PluginCommand.class:1.7.10-R0.1-SNAPSHOT]
at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:181) ~[SimpleCommandMap.class:1.7.10-R0.1-SNAPSHOT]
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:717) ~[CraftServer.class:1.7.10-R0.1-SNAPSHOT]
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftServer.java:697) [CraftServer.class:1.7.10-R0.1-SNAPSHOT]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71333_ah(DedicatedServer.java:473) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:432) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:809) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:669) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_211]
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.dynmap.bukkit.DynmapPlugin.onCommand(DynmapPlugin.java:937) ~[?:?]
at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) ~[PluginCommand.class:1.7.10-R0.1-SNAPSHOT]
... 8 more
How could I have it on my alternos server?
got the full render done.. but cant find where i can get the page/site where i can get to the dynmap.
it dosnt work when i try to search the up in the Google bar. please help!
In reply to Forge_User_83924020:
V3.x (BETA Build-3) Have problem :
V2.X Not work for the last version of CraftBukkit :