* MAIN SUPPORT IS NOW ON DISCORD *
For further discussion and announcements, see us on Reddit or Twitter.
A Google Maps-like map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in a browser. Easy to set up when making use of Dynmap's integrated webserver which works out-of-the-box, while also available to be integrated into existing websites running on Apache and the like. Dynmap can render your worlds using different renderers, some suitable for performance, some for high detail.
Components allow you to add/remove functionality to make Dynmap suit your needs. Using the components Dynmap comes supplied with, there is support for chat balloons, web-to-game chat, and configurable markers, areas, and lines.
- Highly configurable maps per world
- Real-time updates: maps are kept in sync with your world in real-time, updates are shown while your leave your browser open
- Players with their faces are visible on the map
- Chat messages are visible (as balloons or in a chatbox) on the map.
- Map viewers can chat to players in-game.
- Current Minecraft time is visible on the map.
- Current Minecraft weather is visible on the map.
- WorldGuard, Residence, Towny and Factions regions that can be visible on the map (through corresponding Dynmap-* plugins)
- Overall highly configurable and customizable.
Copy dynmap-*.jar into your plugins directory. If you are upgrading, delete the previous dynmap-*.jar - you do NOT need to delete the plugins/dynmap directory or its contents.
If you are running a separate webserver (like Apache) you may need to copy the files from 'plugins/dynmap/web/' to a directory in your http-root and follow this guide. When upgrading, make sure you also upgrade the copied files.
First time use
When you start CraftBukkit, you should be able to navigate to http://yourserverip:8123/ in your browser. In case you are running CraftBukkit on the PC you are currently working on, you can navigate to http://localhost:8123/. You should be able to see the players who are in-game. Note that the map is not yet rendered, therefore the background will be black.
If you are planning on using the HD renderer, now would be a good time to do so. Enable 'deftemplatesuffix: hires' in the top of configuration.txt. More information about deftemplatesuffix is available at Base plugin settings.
If you just want to see Dynmap work, use the following command in-game: /dynmap fullrender. The wiki contains more information about commands and permissions. The map should reveal itself gradually in the browser, give it some time. Progress messages indicate that Dynmap is working and will show when the render is completed.
Both to demonstrate the API, and to help manage the growth of this already-huge plugin, we've started producing additional plugins for Dynmap. All of these will depend on Dynmap and interface through its APIs, but only need to be added by folks that are interested in the additional function they provide:
- dynmap-mobs: Provides marker layer for real-time position of selected mobs on dynmap maps.
- dynmap-residence: Successor to the 'regions' support for Residence in Dynmap, with live update of Residence changes
- Dynmap-WorldGuard: Successor to the 'regions' support for WorldGuard in Dynmap, with live update of WorldGuard changes
- Dynmap-Towny: Successor to the 'regions' support for Towny in Dynmap, with live update of Towny changes
- Dynmap-Factions: Successor to the 'regions' support for Factions in Dynmap, with live update of Factions changes
- Dynmap-CommandBook: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using CommandBook.
- Dynmap-Essentials: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using Essentials.
- Dynmap-GriefPrevention: Add support for showing Grief Protection claims
- Dynmap2CraftIRC3: Integrate Dynmap's web chat with IRC via CraftIRC
- Dynmap-SimpleClans: Integrate SimpleClans with Dynmap
- Dynmap-HeroChat: Integrate HeroChat v5.5+ with Dynmap
- Dynmap-PreciousStones: Integrate PreciousStones with Dynmap
- Dynmap-AdminCmd: Integrate AdminCmd with Dynmap
- Dynmap-Citizens: Integrate Citizens with Dynmap
Mods integrated with Dynmap:
The following mods are known to support dynmap integration without needing an add-on:
Also, for the best response to questions and such, please post comments to our main forum thread - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/. Once again, having more than one place just isn't helpful, and this is where the 'Dynmap Community' already operates.
This plugin utilizes bStats.org plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to bstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Donations and Tips
Dynmap and my other mods and plugins have always been free, as I work on them as time permits and not as a job - the upside is that the price is good, the downside is they get the time I have left after working, taking care of my family, and other things!
I've set up a coffee-fund jar (I believe in the theory that software developers are machines that turn caffeine into code), for anyone who wants to throw in some tips! For Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/dynmap or for Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/michaelprimm
In reply to nauticalbadge3:
is there anyway to fix this
https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/dynmap jak dat do toho dynmapu
Hey! How can I acess the map? I've been trying for a while now and cant get in.
I am trying to get other to connect to the Dynmap. But they are not able to connect when they browse to MyExternalIP:8123
I have port forwarded it to internalIP:8123 UTC.
The localhost:8123 is working fine.
any suggestions what the problem could be.
In reply to MistryFireNL:
Did you set your IP etting from localhost to your server's local ip?
In reply to Dev_Gabriel_M:
no i did not.
The description did say to leave it at 0.0.0.0 to let it use the same ip as the server.
In reply to MistryFireNL:
Ok, on which OS do you run your server and did you port forward also in the server firewall?
In reply to Dev_Gabriel_M:
just win 10 pro. it is a private server for friends and their kids. i just wanted to use dynmap so the others did not need to play around with mods since their technical skills are not that great.
and yes it is port forwarded
I also added rules in the firewall to open the port for out and in going connections. It is not the firewall that is the problem i already tested by disabling it temporary.
I will Unstall dynmap, it is to much work at this point to be useful to me.
I go make a small installer pack for them now with client sided maps.
Thank you for your help and time.
In reply to MistryFireNL:
Ok, allright, no problem.
Have a nice evening.
Can this run on a 4gb server?
In reply to jonnybouy9001:
Yes, you can.
The CPU on server when installed DYNMAP, Causes the server to crash constantly with 100% CPU usage, is there a config i should set to prevent this or ease the CPU
How can i make this if i host server on ngrok?
How to get on Aternos server?
In reply to x_tomino:
You can't for a few reasons:
1) Aternos doesn't support adding custom plugins
2) Dynmap would be too powerful and crash aternos servers (I'm not sure but it is a big plugin)
3) You need to have a url for the webmap, which is not easy to get when you use a domain that a lot of other servers use
Dynmap is disabled (unsupported platform)
Anyway to regenerate this and avoid the black lines?
This does work on the latest version, download dev beta version.
then in the world you want to render type
tada no more blank map.
Hello. I'm opening a 1.7.10 server. Buckets are Thermos-1.7.10-1614 and are buckets with modes and plug-ins applied simultaneously. I applied the plug-in version 2.3, but the following words appear in the bucket.
[02:20:47 INFO]: [dynmap] Enabling dynmap v2.3-1142
[02:20:47 INFO]: [dynmap] Dynmap is disabled (unsupported platform)
How do we solve this?