Dynamically adjust drop rates based on how frequently a mob type (zombie, spider, ect) is killed compared to other mob types on the server. For every point a mob's drop rate falls, another mob's rate goes up to compensate. This gradual effect results in diminishing returns on heavily farmed mobs and encourages players to hunt less popular mobs.
- When a mob is killed, their drop rate is reduced. A random mob's drop rate is increased to compensate.
- The sum drop rate of all mob stays at 100%, no worry of unbalancing the game.
- Experience and items can each be toggled for rate manipulation.
- Ability to blacklist items from being affected by the modified drop rate.
- Ability to affect only player kills, natural deaths can go untracked.
- Select which mob types to track. Default hostiles, can also add passive mobs to the config.
- Set a minimum and maximum rate that mobs can move between.
- Set groups of worlds so mobs killed in one group won't affect another group.
- Java 6+
- A permissions plugin.
- Add the dynamicdroprate.jar to your server.
- Start the server.
- /ddr: List commands.
- /ddr list: List the drop rates of affected mobs.
- /ddr reload: Reload the plugin.
- /ddr version: Get the version running.
- /ddr resetstats: Reset the stats on all mobs.
- /ddr equalize: equalize mob sum to 100%, sometimes it moves off slightly.
- ddr.admin: Grants the following permissions
- ddr.list: List mobs
- ddr.reload: Reload the plugin
- ddr.version: Show the version.
- ddr.reset: Reset stats.
- ddr.equalize: equalize sum to 100%.
- db-type: DB type to use, default 'sqlite' (no setup nessesary), 'mysql' also available (login needed below)
- permission-default: Permissions default setting, op/notop/true/false
- async-db-queries: Run database queries on separate thread. Reduces lag when accessing the database.
- rate-change: Percentage increased/decreased droprate each death.
- debug-messages: Spammy debug messages to see what the plugin's doing.
- affect-exp: Modify exp drop amounts.
- affect-drops: Modify item drop amounts.
- only-affect-player-kills: Only change rates on player kills.
- save-frequency: How often in seconds to save rates to database. (it also saves on shutdown)
- use-metrics: Let mcstats.org know you're running the plugin.
- minimum-rate: How low a rate can fall to. 0=0%, 0.2=20%, 0.5=50%.
- excluded-items: List of item ids to exclude items from.
- mysql: Typical Mysql login info (if db-type is set to mysql).
- mobs: List of mobs to track. List of valid mobs.
- world-groups: Group worlds together.
- default: List of worlds within the 'default' group. Rates in this group won't affect rates in another group.
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Read more here. This functionality can be disabled in the config file.
Have an issue or suggestion? Post a ticket.