People were asking me to share this plugin from a private server, so now it's public! :)
- Heads of any player or mob (ex: pink sheep, brown horse, angry wolf)
- Heads stack properly, and mob head textures refresh whenever dropped or mined.
- Textures are stable (not bound to a player skin)
- Fully configurable (see below)
- /gethead <name>
The defaults are designed to work well for most any server, but if you want to change them, here's a sample of what you can do:
- Only drop player heads
- Only drop heads when killed by a player
- Adjust head drop rates (per mob)
- Adjust looting drop rate modifier
- Adjust drop rates when using specific tools or weapons
- Require use of specific weapon(s) to get heads (ex: gold axe)
- Adjust drop rates based on spawn conditions (eg: give mobs from spawners a lower head-drop rate)
- Change any of the head textures
- Automatic updates, bringing new textures and features (enabled by default)
- Enable charged creeper head drops (configure per mob)
- ...And more. Check out the config files over in the source repository
Q: Can I edit the head textures (i.e., for a resource pack)?
A: Yes! Look into the head-list.txt file
Q: How do I modify mobs' head drop rates based on spawn reason?
A: Edit the spawn-cause modifiers.txt in the config folder
A: Virtually none
Q: I'm moving from a different heads plugin?
A: DropHeads is a drag-n-drop replacement for all plugins I've tested, but if you have any issues let me know!
Q: My server runs on an older version of Minecraft?
A: Sorry, DropHeads is not currently backwards-compatible. You can download older versions of DropHeads from under the Files tab, or use a different plugin with support for multiple versions, such as PlayerHeads.
In the works...
- DropHeads as an API add-on to PlayerHeads, so you can get the cross-version support of PlayerHeads but the configuration features and additional textures from DropHeads!
- Tropical Fish CCP head-generator
- More config options!
- Currently, there are no good heads for the following mobs:
- Giant (just looks like zombie)
- PolarBear (exists, but texture is kind of ugly)
- Tropical Fish (3104 head varieties--need to find an automated way to generate them all)
If you find a bug or can help with the missing heads, please let me know! :-)