The head-hunt for the largest collection of mobs!
Built using quality heads supplied by Minecraft-Heads.com ❤️
- Get player/mob heads with a command or as a death drop
- MASSIVE variety of mob heads (snow fox, lime sheep, grumm swamp farmer villager, …)
- Head stacking and texture updating (on skin change, configurable)
- Custom "beheading" death messages
- Regular updates (option for auto-updating as well)
- Fully configurable!
The defaults are designed to work well for most any server.
However, if you like getting into configuration, here's a taste of what you can do:
- Adjust drop rates (per mob type)
- Adjust drop rate based on spawn conditions (eg: Breeding, MobSpawners, /summon, ...)
- Adjust looting enchantment drop rate modifier
- Adjust drop rates when using specific tools or weapons
- Require using specific weapon(s) for heads to drop (eg: gold axe)
- Enable charged creeper head drops for non-vanilla mob heads
- Enable/Disable heads of any mob or player
- Only drop heads when killed by a player
- Control conditions for what counts as 'killed by a player'
- Change any of the head textures
- Automatic updates, bringing new textures and features
- ...And more => Check out configuration files in the source repository
Q: Can I edit the head textures (i.e., for a resource pack)?
A: Yes! Look into the head-list.txt file
Q: How do I modify mobs' head drop rates based on spawn reason?
A: Edit the spawn-cause modifiers.txt in the config folder
Q: Does this plugin cause any lag?
A: Nope! I've heard it is much faster than Xisumavoid's datapack :)
Q: What if I'm coming from another heads plugin?
A: DropHeads should be an easy drag-n-drop replacement, but if you have any issues let me know!
Q: What about older versions of Minecraft?
A: Sorry, modern DropHeads is not currently compatible with 1.12 and below. You can download an older version of DropHeads from the Files tab, or use a different head plugin that supports old versions, such as PlayerHeads.
- DropHeads as a PlayerHeads addon (Goal: old minecraft-version support + the wide collection!)
- Tropical Fish C-C-P head-generator
- "Hollow" heads for Skeleton-Horse & Stray
- Option to affect drop-rate based on how many ticks an entity has lived
- More detailed and configurable logs system
- Improve/find missing heads for these mobs:
- Giant (currently using "Giant Toe")
- Tropical Fish (3104—we currently only have the 22 common varieties ☹️)
- Zombie Villagers with Profession and Biome skin features (W.I.P., about halfway done ☺)
If you find a bug or want to help with a missing head, please let me know!