Let the head-hunt begin!
- Everything is configurable!
- Get heads as a death drop, or with a command
- MASSIVE variety (eg: snow fox, lime sheep, grumm swamp farmer villager, …)
- Item-stacking and texture-updating fixes
- Custom behead messages
- Heads from latest (and upcoming) Minecraft updates
Default values designed to fit well on most servers,
However, if you like digging into configuration, here's just a taste of what you can do:
- Adjust drop rates based on mob type
- Adjust drop rates based on spawn conditions (eg: Breeding, MobSpawners, /summon, ...)
- Adjust drop rates based on ticks-lived
- Adjust drop rates based on what weapon is used
- Require using specific weapon(s) to get heads to drop
- Support charged creeper head drops
- Limit head drops when not killed by a player (configure what counts as 'killed by a player')
- Change any head textures (or add your own!)
- Set up automatic updates
- ...and more! Check out config files in the source repository
For a complete, always current list, check here.
dropheads.canlosehead: Able to drop a head upon death
dropheads.canbehead: Able to get heads by killing others
dropheads.alwaysbehead.<mob_type>: Will get heads for 100% of kills (unless canlosehead is false)
dropheads.silentbehead: Will avoid triggering a global behead message in chat
dropheads.clickinfo: Able to see the name of a head by clicking it *
dropheads.spawn: Able to get heads with a command *
dropheads.droprate: Able to check head drop rates with a command
* = has sub-permissions
Q: Heads are not dropping for me!
A: There a several possible causes; please go over this checklist before messaging me or leaving a comment:
* Check if another plugin is blocking or modifying the death-event item drops
* Check if you have the dropheads.canbehead permission
* Check head-drop-rates and spawn-cause-modifiers (spawn egg drop rates are nerfed by default!)
* Keep in mind the time-alive, weapon-used, and looting modifiers.
* If killing a player, check if they have the dropheads.canlosehead permission
* If you have modified your config files, check them carefully for other causes
Q: Does this plugin ever cause lag?
A: Nope! I heard it is much faster than Xisumavoid's datapack :)
Q: Can I edit the head textures (i.e., to match a resource pack)?
A: Yes! Look in the head-textures.txt file
Q: Migrating from another heads plugin?
A: It should be an easy drag-n-drop replacement, but if you have any issues let me know!
Q: How do I install for singleplayer or a pure vanilla server?
A: DropHeads is built for Bukkit and its forks (Spigot, etc); perhaps try MMH-Nano instead
Q: What about older versions of Minecraft?
A: Currently, DropHeads only supports 1.13+. You can find older DropHead jars that work for 1.12 in the Files tab, or use a different plugin that has support for legacy versions, such as PlayerHeads.
- Drop cracked Iron Golem heads, and possibly repair them clicking with an iron ingot?
- Hollow skull-texture for Stray and Skeleton_Horse - DONE in v3.5.0!
- Find/improve heads for these mobs:
- Giant (currently using "Giant Toe")
- Tropical Fish (currently have 22 common varieties, need to generate 3104 more ☹️)
- Carpeted llamas
Feel free to reach out if you find any bugs or a texture for a missing head!