Dota Minecraft Plugin
dota moba lol smite
This plugin enforces the rules and helps with the game mechanics of Zealock's Minecraft: Dota Map.
The map, made by Zealock which I take no credit for: http:www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1161133-minecraft-dota/
This game requires a minimum of 4 players to play properly (2v2). 12 players is recommended (6v6).
There's a fan made tutorial video in Portuguese (which I do not understand): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFv8DOxJo48
Other Download Links
If you insist on not using Multiverse, you can download the discontinued legacy 1.6 version here, which does not require multiverse.
Click here for a full list of files.
Source for the plugin can be found on GitHub.
- Config options to set (eg. WorldName) - the config will be auto-generated on first run
- WorldName must not contain spaces or periods
- For the plugin to be enabled, Enable must be set to true in the config
- The plugin does not include a way to transport players to the Dota world. Players must run "/mv tp Minecraft_dota" or something similar
- View the default config.yml here
- Type "/dota join" and you will be auto-assigned to a team.
- People with permission "dota.chooseteam" (default: false) can choose a team by typing "/dota join red" or "/dota join blue".
- Type "/t MESSAGE" to team chat
- Type "/dota score" to see the scoreboard
- Type "/dota restart" to reset the world when the game is over
- Requires permission "dota.restart" (default: true)
- This command can only be used once the current match is over, unless the player has permission "dota.forcerestart" (default: false)
- The map will not be saved so any exploded towers should now be in one piece again
- If the world did save however, this is a bug which may be caused by a plugin that auto-saves worlds
- Type "/dota recall" to teleport back to base (default: disabled)
- Default disabled, has a delay before teleporting you to base
- Cancels recall if you move
- Teams - you cannot damage teammates
- Spawn camping prevention - entering the enemy's spawn area will insta-kill you. (The spawn area is relatively small and makes up the room with the beds.
- Prevent item stealing - you cannot pick up ANY items in a 70 block radius of the enemy spawn.
- Respawning - bed spawn locations are automatically set
- Players cannot access dispensers
- Block protection - prevent players from breaking or placing blocks
- Inventories are cleared when joining the server and joining a team
- Monsters no longer drop items, instead, you will be given the items the monster would have dropped if you were the one who did the last-hit
- Players keep all items on death unless they die of drowning or lava - this can be disabled in the automatically generated config file.
- Players cannot toggle switches until there is a player on the other team
- Players get a stone sword, raw chicken, and a map on join as starting items. players who have previously joined the round will not get starting items again.
- Players cannot access enemy chests.
- Optional colored name-tags
- Option to remove mob armor (since mobs have a chance of spawning with armor)
- Option to give mobs leather helmet (to prevent burning in sunlight)
- Implements MCStats.org Metrics
- World Broadcast Messages:
- Player join
- Tower destroyed
- Team wins
- Plugin may stop working after the Dota world is restarted/reloaded (I'm not sure why this happens, as it hasn't happened on my own test server. Make sure you're not running a plugin that auto-saves worlds.)
- view-distance=15 in server.properties
Restarting the Game
"/dota restart" will kick everybody from the Dota world and reset it.