Districts is like GriefPrevention, but players can sell/buy, lease/rent their claims!
Claims are made by command, or using a golden hoe. Once a district is claimed, the district is protected from griefing. District owners can rent out a district for a weekly fee, or sell the district for a price. District owners or renters can add trusted players to a district who then have most of the same rights as the owner or renter.
Video Tutorial on the Plugin (Portuguese)
Credits Video: (AbsintoJ/Districts)
- District are made easily by using /d claim <radius>, which will make a square claim around you
- Districts can also be made using a golden hoe - hit one corner of the claim and the other corner
- Players are notified when they enter a district and exit a district
- Districts are automatically protected once made - admins can change the settings via config.yml
- Districts can be freely traded or rented out. This enables houses or buildings to be rented or sold
- Admins can give or take blocks away from players
- Vault - make sure you use the latest version!
- Some kind of Economy Plugin, like Essentials
Installation and Configuration
- Download and install Vault and an Economy Plugin like Essentials if you haven't done so
- Download the plugin
- Place into your plugins folder
- Restart your server (or reload plugins)
- The plugin will make a folder called Districts. Open that folder.
- Check config.yml and edit to be what you want.
- Type /dadmin reload in the game to reload the config or restart the server.
- Done! To make your first district, type /d claim 2 to make a small claim.
- /district or /dist or /d can be used for short.
- /district help - lists these commands
- /district claim <radius>: Claims a square district with you in the middle of it
- /district view: Toggles the red district visualization off and on
- /district trust <player>: Gives another player full access to your district
- /district trust: Shows who is trusted in this district
- /district untrust <player>: Revokes trust of a player for this district
- /district untrustall : Removes all players from the trusted list
- /district pos: sets the corners of a district
- /district balance: Shows you how many blocks you have to use for districts
- /district remove: Removes a district that you are standing in if you are the owner
- /district info: Shows info on the district you are in (Same as /district trust)
- /district buy: Attempts to buy the district you are in if it is for sale
- /district rent: Attempts to rent the district you are in if is it for rent for 1 week
- /district rent <price>: Puts the district you are in up for rent for a weekly rent
- /district sell <price>: Puts the district you are in up for sale
- /district cancel: Cancels any For Sale or For Rent sign or terminates the rent lease at the next renewal date (notifies renters of eviction)
- /dadmin reload
- /dadmin balance <player>: shows how many blocks player has
- /dadmin info <player>: provides info on the player
- /dadmin give <player> <blocks>: give player some blocks
- /dadmin take <player> <blocks>: remove blocks from player
- /dadmin set <player> <blocks>: set the number of blocks a player has
permissions: districts.player: description: Gives access to basic player commands default: true districts.trustplayer: description: Basic commands plus player trusting default: false districts.advancedplayer: description: Gives access to advanced player commands (buy, sell, rent) default: false districts.buyblocks: description: Enable block purchasing default: false districts.admin: description: Gives access to admin commands default: op
- Allow customization of the rental period (currently 1 week)
- Enable owners to see a list of their districts
- Import GriefPrevention files
- Import Residence files
Source code can be found here.
This plugin utilizes a plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
Visit mcstats.org if you would like to learn more about the stats collected. Go into /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml to disable stat collecting if you wish.