Are you tired of talking a walk away from home, and coming back noticing that nothing has grown at all? Is your house situated far from the populated areas where people rarely travel? Perhaps you knew that plants can only grow when there are players nearby?
Distant Farm keeps your plants growing while you're away using the same algorithms Minecraft uses. The plugin keeps track of plants and attempts to calculate their growth based on the time you've been absent. It uses very little memory and CPU, and doesn't require any commands or setup to work!
Credits to KeepGrowing for the base idea.
Current version: v0.2[Alpha]
- The code will be open-source once the project is near final release.
- Plants that keep growing with no players nearby:
- Nether Warts
- Trees (All types)
- Multi-world support
- Plants only grow while the server is online.
- Lightweight with minimal impact on server memory/CPU usage.
- Easy to use, no configuration needed.
- Plants to be added:
- Mushroom (brown/red)
- Sugar Cane
- Allow only certain players to use the features.
- Ability to block the feature on specific worlds.
- Support to disable unwanted features to improve performance.
- Add the ability to register existing plants to the system (e.g. by right-clicking with a hoe)
- Plants destroyed by other sources than by hand aren't unregistered, they should unregister on growth-check though.