DispNameChanger is a plugin that lets you easily change your display name or any other player's display name. In the current context of Bukkit, that means the username that is displayed on death, when you talk, etc etc etc. Optionally, if Spout* or TagAPI
** is installed on the server, this plugin will change the display name above a users head.
*Do note that the Spout Client, SpoutCraft, is required to see this change.
**TagAPI has some restrictions in how it works in changing the display name. Please see the TagAPI page for limitations.
Quote from SniperFodder:
IMPORTANT If you would like help with the plugin that is perfectly fine. However, to assist everyone better, please open a ticket if you believe there is a bug. If you would like support for another plugin, or a feature suggestion, also please open up a ticket. I can not properly support everyone in the comments section. Everyone is also free to post questions in the forum. I generally get back to people within 1 day. If I'm not answering questions in the forum, or on the main page, please feel free to highlight me on the bukkit forums; same username.
Download the latest compiled version of the plugin here. Source Code (GitHub Repository)
- Plugin Version: 6.0.0 | May 11th, 2013
- Bukkit Compatibility: Recommended Build: 1.5.2-RC0.1
Download the latest compiled beta version of the plugin here.
- Plugin Version: None Currently Live
- Bukkit Compatibility: N/A
These are the currently known issues. For more information please check the ticket system.
- Names that are right at 16 characters and have the prefix option enabled will be truncated by the plugin.
- Commands with Display Names don't work in server console (yet).
- If a killer's in-game name is the same as any words previous to the name in a death message, the wrong word will get replaced with the displayname.
Frequently Asked Questions
Users can find the FAQ to this plugin here.
This is the current feature set of the plugin.
- Change the display name of a specified player, including yourself.
- Can use spaces in name by surrounding with quotes ""
- Supports Bukkit SuperPerms
- Persistence: Display names last through session changes (Thanks to Sammy)
- Supports Colors (Thanks to itsacoshop247)
- Spout: If installed, changes player's names above heads (Only if the client is using SpoutCraft).
- Ability to toggle title integration as well as announcements on name change
- New TagAPI: If installed the plugin will use TagAPI to replace the name above a players head.
- Please see the TagAPI page for a features list in how it works with Vanilla Servers.
- If Spout and TagAPI are both enabled on a server, TagAPI Support will be disabled in preference of Spout.
- Ability to toggle kick/quit/death message integration.
- Scoreboard/PlayerList integration
- All display names must be unique
- Localization now added!
- If you would like to translate the plugin into your language, please check this page here.
- DispName Prefix: Users can now turn on a Prefix that will be prepended to user names to signify that a username has been changed.
- Prefixes can now be colored.
- Display Names can be used in other commands like /kick and /tp.
- Command Filtering to prevent all names being replaced in commands.
- Display names can be globally announced, either to everyone or only those with the 'dispname.announce' permission node.
- Can restrict usage of the following chat Style codes using the following nodes:
- Bold | dispname.color.bold
- Italic | dispname.color.italic
- Magic | dispname.color.magic (Random characters)
- Strikethrough | dispname.color.strike
- Underline | dispname.color.underline
- Can restrict the usage of all Chat color codes.
- Can list all users with changed display name.
- Choose when to save Display Names!
- Completely disable saving! (Will warn user if this happens).
- Display List Command now Paginated!
- Pagination can be disabled by setting pagination to 0.
- Censorit Integration
You can find more about the plugin on the projects GitHub Wiki page. This includes commands, permission nodes, and the like.
Credit is needed where credit is due.
- captainawesome7 | Original Author
- itsatacoshop247 | Contributor
- Daxiongmao87 | Contributor
- Luke Zwekii | Contributor
- Sammy | Contributor
- bearbear12345 | Contributor
- morganm | Contributor
Current change log for the plugin, last 2 versions.
[ ! ] Signifies a change or Bug Fix.
[ + ] Signifies the addition of something.
[ - ] Signifies the removal of something.
- [ ! ] Resolved Reset Name Bug
- [ ! ] Resolved killer's Name being used instead of Display Name.
- [ + ] Added TagAPI Support.
- [ - ] Removed some left over debug lines.
- [ ! ] Resolved bug with Command filter not properly filtering when number of commands to filter was greater than 0.
- [ + ] Added Ability to toggle spout title integration, as well as spout announcement for name changes.
- [ + ] Added Configuration options to config.yml for spout integration.
- [ + ] Converted project to Gradle. Building is as simple as ensuring you have Gradle installed, and calling gradle build on the plugin. The project can also easily be converted to a maven project if you so choose as well since the directory structures are roughly the same.
- [ - ] Removed some left over debug lines.
If you have questions, concerns, or just generally want to talk about the plugin, please do so here. Otherwise, general comments are welcome on the main page.