DeathNotes is a plugin that makes most death messages configurable, whether you're killed by another player, a zombie or a skeleton, the message can be configured. As time goes by, more events will be added, but in v0.1.0 we have only managed to get the PvP DeathNote created. We are working very hard to bring out v0.2.0 which will be including Mob killing player messages, and possibly drowning messages.
When downloading updates, save your config somewhere else, remove it from your server and then install the new update. In many new versions there will be updates to the configs, and if you have a config currently on your server then you will not get full functionality of the updates! :)
Installing & How to use
- Download the most recent DeathNotes jar file.
- Drop this jar file into your Plugins folder on your server
- Start your server, wait for it to load up and then stop it.
- Go into your Plugins folder, find the DeathNotes folder and edit the config.yml
- Save the config, start up your server and you're done!
- Whenever you want to edit the config, open it up, save it and reload the server. This will put any of your changes into use.
- The ability to customise the following death messages:
- "Player kills player"
Commands and Permissions
There are currently no commands or permissions for DeathNotes, but they will be added soon.
Configuring DeathNotes is easy, there are help messages throughout that explain the different sections, but make sure you remember one thing: USE SPEECH MARKS. If they are not used, it's more than likely that it's not going to work correctly. Example:
- Name of your server, will appear before death messages ServerName: "DeathNotes" #Notice that DeathNotes is within the speech marks.
If you have any questions or queries, leave a comment below. I will get to it as soon as I can and help you out!
- Add more death events.
- Make the plugin customisable through in-game commands.