DeathChest is a Plugin for controlling the death of a Player. Each Player can set his DeathChest somewhere in a world. If he dies, his inventory will be transferred to this chest. You can also set packages of worlds for which the Inventory will be transferred to. A Player can therefore only place one DeathChest in one World-Package.
For example: Player a has the save inventory in world c and world d. His DeathChest is located in world c. He dies in world d. His inventory will be transferred to the DeathChest in World c.
There is also the possibility to place a chest at the death of a Player. The DeathChest created by the player will always be preferred to the SpawnChest on his death location. The SpawnChest can be activated by giving the Player the Permission: deathchest.spawnchest
There is an alternative to the SpawnChest: The Grave Yard signs. When a player dies, a sign is spawned at his death location. If the player destroys it again, his Items and part of his exp will be dropped. It can be changed between Grave Yard Signs and SpawnChests, changeing the option in the config.yml.
If you want weather SpawnChests nor Grave Yard Signs, just set the Config option to: plugin.General.useDeathSpawnType: 'none'
There are also several config-options to limit the transfer to the DeathChest.
How do I actually create a DeathChest?
This is simple. You just have to create a Sign above a Chest or a DoubleChest with the Letters: "deathchest" (not case sensitive) in any line of a Chest. After placing this sign, the DeathChest will be created and the first line will be filled with your name, the third line will be filled with the worldname the chest is in. (creating a DeathChest needs the Permission: deathchest.signedchest.create, saving your Inventory after you died to this chest needs the Permission: deathchest.signchest.saveto or just simply: deathchest.signchest.use (includes the permission to build, too))
With the Permission: deathchest.signchest.create.other a player can create a DeathChest of another person. Therefore line 0 has to be: "deathchest", line 1 has to be the Name of the Player.
A little guide is located at the Images: link
Detailed information can be found under Pages -> Commands link
- /dchelp: a short overview over the commands in DeathChest
- /dcreload: reloads the configuration of DeathChest
- /dcversion: displays the Version of DeathChest
- /dcpermcheck: checks all permissions of you and display them
- /dcport: ports to your DeathChest (Still Experimental)
- /dcgravelist [PlayerName]: lists all your GraveYard Signs and the time till witter
- /dcgraveport [Number] [PlayerName]: ports yourself to the GraveStone of Player with the given number
- /dcremove [WorldName] [PlayerName]: removes the DeathChest of 'Player' From 'World'
Config help can be found under: Pages -> Config link
Description for Permissions in Pages -> Permissions link ATTENTION! PERMISSIONS CHANGE WITH 1.04
- one of the following PermissionPlugins: Vault, PermissionsEx, GroupManager, PermissionsBukkit
- WorldGuard: for Config-Option to check if player may place Chest on this position
- LWC : for Config-Options to check and set Player-Protection to Chests
- SecureChests : for alternate use instead of LWC
- Lockette: for alternate use instead of LWC
- BattleNight: for checking if player is in battle
- If someone finds a Bug or requests a new Feature, just write it in the comments or create a ticket. I will then try to answer and fix / implement it if it seems usefull
- none to know
Planed for next Version (1.14)
- Nothing new yet
- Bugfixes if found