- No databases. In-game signs only.
- Super permissions support ONLY.
- Protects any type of furnace, dispenser, chest, door, trapdoor, cauldron, enchantment table, or brewing stand.
- Broadcast specific admin actions to those with "deadbolt.broadcast.xxx"
- Denies explosions, pistons, and redstone from circumventing protection
- Timed doors, [Timer:#], that toggle after a certain delay
- Server-wide protected blocks, use [Everyone] on line 3 or 4
- Modular plugin hooking system, add your own easily
- Compatible with Lockette
- Optional sign coloring
- Localization support
As this is a Lockette-type plugin, also similar to Alerter or BlockLock, things may seem similar. This plugin was originally created as a continuation of Lockette by Acru to add trapdoor support and other recent developments. Portions of this project were reverse engineered from Lockette and the original idea for a sign-based locking system still belongs with Acru. Credit where credit is due. As this only supports super permissions, if you need a plugin that is more backwards compatible with older configurations, you may want to look at Lockette.
If you have another plugin such as Cenotaph or ChestShop3 that you have integrated with Lockette and would rather use Deadbolt instead, I have created a LocketteSimulator that will allow you to use Deadbolt.
Check GitHub for the most recent files, there is a slight delay in getting files posted here authorized by the staff.
Place a sign next to the item you want to protect and type in the following
- Line 1: [Private]
- Line 2: Your name will be automatically filled, users with "deadbolt.admin.create" can specify someone else.
- Lines 3 and 4: You have a couple options for these lines
- Another player's name
- Unrestricted access via [Everyone] while preventing breaking
- Create an automatic timed door using [Timer:1] through [Timer:9]
Not enough room for all the names you need? Make another sign with the [More Users] on line 1
For ease of use in maintaining your signs without having to break them:
- Right click the sign to select it.
- Use "/deadbolt <line number> <text>" to directly modify that line.
When placing signs, valid locations are to the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, and WEST of the target block.
Other valid blocks include:
- Doors: The blocks above and below.
- Trapdoors: The block that it is attached to (hinge-block) and directly above/below the trapdoor itself.
- Fence gates: Any block horizontally adjacent to the gate itself.
Use your imagination and hide those unsightly signs under walls.
Also, color is now available! Just add "deadbolt.user.color" and use &1-9,a-f in your sign.
DeadboltListener is a new system designed to incorporate your favorite plugin directly into Deadbolt.
To create your own or to view Deadbolt's static API, head over to the Developer's Corner
Currently available for download
- PermissionsBukkit, PermissionsEx, bPermissions, GroupManager
[TownName] [NationName] (All residents) +TownName+ +NationName+ (Assistant/Mayor only) 4 Config options: mayor,assistant,wilderness overrides.
Have a completed localization? Drop me a link to it and Ill add it to the repository.
Once added, it is available for automatic downloading by changing the "language" setting in config.yml.
The following issues are known:
- Double timer doors are broken
- Force coloring of Signs placed directly onto walls is broken.
- Vertical trapdoor chaining has been removed because it was only half implemented
Visit github and open an new issue.
Alternatively, try and find me at play.arkcraft.net.
@md_5 Are you planning to add custom block support anytime? I'm kinda hoping you will because being able to protect a whole setup of machines and pipes with one sign would be epic. Thanks
add support for chest and hoppers because right now you can remove items from chest using a hopper :/ not good....
Good point. You are correct.
Please add support for Trapped Chests in 1.5.1
I have a chest wall and can only protect half of them.
Is it possible to update this mod to support the new trapped chests in MC 1.5
Yes! Stop players from placing hoppers next to other players locked chests!
Seconds are nicer to work with..
Here's a suggestion for integration between Deadbolt and Factions, though it would probably need to exist in another plugin:
1. You claim land containing a locked chest.
2. A new timer starts for that claim, specific to your faction.
3. When that timer runs out, the chest unlocks. This time limit would be a customizable setting, in minutes.
4. An active timer would be removed if its chunk is unclaimed.
update for 1.5 blocks, and add factions to the deadbolt listener..... please
Other solution might be autoprotect the block under the chest
I know the first 1.5 dev build just came out and all, but wandering if it is possible to make ti so a hopper / hopper Minecart can't take items from a chest that is locked?
[ClanTag] does not work with it.
Getting this error on latest recommended and latest Deadbolt: http://pastebin.com/iPheCu7A
That's what it does. What do you mean?
Italian locale translated by me: http://pastebin.com/iWJj2yc3
hey can you make it so that the deadbolted stuff can not be even TOUCHED by anyone that is not on the sign
Giving credit to the original author, making transition between Lockette and Deadbolt almost seamless, making a Lockette simulator. md_5, you are one classy fellow. Keep up the good work.
Are there any specific thing you need? The bridges never handled permissions, only groups.
MD_5 is an amazing contributor - but many of us would like to know if the issues are going to be fixed or if we should move on to another plugin.
Thank you for all your work.
It took me a while to isolate what was throwing the error on my server as well, but the errors that XeonG8, bjorn, and CraftCities are getting are the same as mine, and generated when a player places a BEACON block anywhere - near a protected block , in the wild, next to a deadblolt protected bank, or totally isoloated from any deadbolt stuff.
Can force the error at will with a beaconblock, have not found anything else that produces it yet. Also using towny and worldguard, with tests done in and out of regions, etc. All plugins on 1.4.6Beta 3 are clean-start error free and worldedit/worldguard are from sk89q's dev page proper for 1.4.6 versions.
Upgraded with dev builds earlier and that didn't resolve issue either - currently using version 2.2 (as reported in console)