Note: Since version 1.1.3, this plugin is using only the Bukkit API to work.
Download Custom Portals v1.1.3 [1.6.2-R0.1] (Dev Build)
See the source code on GitHub.
This little plugin allows you to create custom Nether and Ender portals. It means you can create these portals using any blocks for the frame and any shapes.
This plugin is compatible with TravelGates v1.10.18 !
Just run the plugin once and the config file will be created with default values. They are modifiable in game and automatically saved.
- usepermissions: [true|false] -> enable the internal Bukkit permissions system or use the OP statuts
- enderframeblock: [BlockType|other] -> enable the use of a block type for building Ender portals or disable if another value is used
- netherframeblock: [BlockType|other] -> enable the use of a block type for building Nether portals or disable if another value is used
- maxportalblocks: <positive number> -> define the maximum portal blocks the plugins is allowed to create
Main command is /customportals (with some convenient aliases: cp, custportals, customportal, cportal).
- /cp on : your player is able to create custom portals
- /cp off : your player is no more able to create custom portals
- /cp enderframeblock [BlockType|other] : configure the ender frame block to use in the portals or disable if other value used
- /cp netherframeblock [BlockType|other] : configure the nether frame block to use in the portals or disable if other value used
- /cp usepermissions [true|false] : configure if the plugin uses permissions (auto saved)
- /cp maxportalblocks [positive number] : configure the maximum portal blocks the plugin is allowed to create (auto saved)
How to create portals
- Nether: enable the custom portals for your player with /cp on. Then, get a flint and steel in your hand and right-click on the upper face of the lower block of the portal frame (as you would do with a normal Nether portal). In case of wrong portal shape, just break one block, and all the Nether portal will disappear. You can create Nether portals in the Nether but they won't send you there.
- Ender: enable the custom portals for your player with /cp on. Then, get an eye of ender in your hand and right-click on the inside face of the portal frame block. In case of wrong portal shape, if you have enabled the custom portals (/cp on), you can clean an ender portal by right-clicking on an ender portal block holding a wool block (any color). The plugin will clean the entire Ender portal. You cannot create Ender portals in Ender worlds.
- customportals.on # allows to enable the custom portals mode
- customportals.off # allows to disable the custom portals mode
- customportals.conf # allows to modify the configuration
- customportals.nether # allows to create a custom nether portal
- customportals.ender # allows to create a custom ender portal
- customportals.clean # allows to clean ender portals
Check this page.
- If you make a portal of 1 block wide, it can be generated in a wrong direction.
If you encounter other bugs, please open a ticket here.
1.8.1 or atleast 1.7.10
Hi. Please can you add this portals to go to other world no only end and nether ?
This plugin only allow you to make a custom shape for the Nether portals and the Ender portals. The compatibility depends of other plugins you may use.
For instance, my own teleportation plugin "TravelGates" is not compatible with this plugin as it needs a normal Nether portal to work. I think other plugin may behave the same way.
If you need, tell me what other plugin you would use and I could check if my plugin work with it.
and your plugin works only for the portal of the nether and the end? or I can put this plugin to function with another plugin of Portal?
This plugin does not allow you to link two portals together, like the Creative Gates plugin. This plugin only allow you to make custom portals. Custom in their shapes, not in their behavior. Custom portals made with my plugin will work exactly the same.
Yes, i have make that but, I do the two same portal, it does this reach not...
Hi. When you have installed the plugin (the jar file must be in the plugins folder of your server) you have to use the command /cp on to enable the custom portal feature.
When this is done, you can use any block to build a nether or an ender portal. Then, you can activate the portals like the usual ones, with a flint'n'steel for the Nether portal and an Ender eye for the ender portal.
You can also restrict the block for the portals in the configuration.
Please tell me if you have another problem.
Hello someone can explain to me how this plugin works? I followed the instruction and I did y arrvie. not,. Thanks in advance.
Hi. I don't know exactly what you would like to do, whether your want to use another minecraft sound or a custom sound. In the second case, it would imply to mod the Bukkit server.
In the first case, it could be possible if the ambient sound could be changed. Indeed you can send a sound to a player but I'm not sure how to modify the portal sound.
Hey, do you know of any way to have the portals play a different sound when the player is near it? I know some code to do with it like player.getLocation().playSound(soundname, volume, pitch)
If you could implement something that changes the Nether portals sound, it would be awesome or if you could help me, thanks!
If you don't mind using default Nether portals, you can try my other plugin "TravelGates" which allows you to redirect the Nether portal teleportation to a destination of your choice.
Otherwise, you can search here: http://plugins.bukkit.org/?category=69
do you know a plugin?
This plugin only allows you to make "custom" nether portals. These new nether portals work exactly the same as the default ones. Only the shapes are different.
If you want to use these portals to bring you to another destination, you will have to use a plugin to do it.
how you do you make it that it takes you to a certain portal please help im so confused?!?
No problem, you're welcome ;)
Thank you so much for the help. I love your plugin, keep up the good work! :)
I think the message is clear. You have configured a restriction for building Nether portals which is "glowstone". Disable it and you will be able to build your portal with quartz blocks.
Or you can change the restriction to quartz blocks too.
I cant create a portal with Quartz Block.
Error message: Unauthorized block QUARTZ_BLOCK used to build NETHER portal. Expected: Glowstone
Please help me? :)
Well, this is normal... I thought you were talking about Travel Gates... Custom Portals only allow you to make a custom shape for portals. They work as normal Nether Portal.
My plugin TravelGates is not compatible with these custom portal yet.
What version do you use ? Have you enabled the portals in the configuration ? Does the travel sign is "ON" and not "OFF" ? What kind of messages are displayed when you arrive in the Nether ? Have you the permissions to use portals ?
Otherwise, please enable the debug mode then paste the logs here.
I should not have to repeat it each time someone has a problem :(