CraftZ - Massive DayZ Mod Recreation In Minecraft
► WHAT IS CRAFTZ?
CraftZ has all the features needed to create the full DayZ experience, including zombie spawning, a player spawn system, medical items, kits, backpacks, loot, bleeding, thirst, breaking your bones... the list could go on some more.
Do you need any other plugins to get started? No! CraftZ comes with world protection, a ranged chat if you want, spawning limits and other useful stuff. This doesn't mean you can't use anything else with it. The plugin integrates with Vault for rewards and Dynmap for displaying all kinds of information. People have also successfully been using CrackShot together with CraftZ to integrate weapons into their server.
The configuration files offer high customizability, so everything you just heard about can be adapted to your specific needs.
|Automated spawning||Blood level, no natural regeneration|
|Spawn points||Thirst (Display: EXP level)|
|Lured by noise or rapid|
movement (Display: EXP bar)
|Bone breaking, Morphine|
|Zombies don't burn at day||Bleeding; Bandages, Blood Bags|
|Infections when bit by zombies||Antibiotics|
|Grenades (ender pearl), barriers (cobwebs)||Lobby, player spawnpoints|
|Kits with in-game editor||World protection (against player & environment)|
|Loot chests||Chat: DayZ format, ranged + walkie-talkie (clock)|
displays session statistics
|Custom names for the items||A highly infected world border|
|Players are "zombified" upon|
death, items kept by the player zombie
|Real-life time (in-game time|
equal to outside time)
|Fireplaces (harvest wood by right-clicking|
iron axe on tree, place down log)
|Integration with Dynmap,|
Vault for rewards
Things I am planning on implementing
- Support for more than one CraftZ world
- Disabling logout while in combat
- Configurable items for bandages, morphine etc
This plugin doesn't work properly with a few other plugins:
- If you have problems with player spawning, you maybe have to uninstall or reconfigure Essentials (possible solution: Comment #324)
- If you have problems with zombie spawning and you are using WorldGuard, be sure to uninstall it or to set "block-plugin-spawning: false" inside its configuration.
CSTAT made a video explaining how the world setup works:
Thanks to Wukkit for this tutorial!
► SOME SERVERS YOU CAN PLAY IT ON
(You can submit your server IP, I might join to check and then put it here!)
- mc.sioncraft.net (Website: sioncraft.net)
- mc.forestovserver.sk (Slovakian / English) (Website: http://www.forestovserver.sk/)
- adv.minecraft-romania.ro (Romanian) (Website: minecraft-romania.ro)
- mc.minedayz.net (Website: minedayz.net)
- planetcraft.pl (1.7)
► FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please consult this before reporting an issue.
- Q: Players do not take damage, do not break their bones, etc.
A: Have you set up a lobby, and do players join via '/craftz spawn'? If you have a lobby, are you outside of it when testing?
- Q: Can I use CraftZ for a different world?
A: Yes, you can; change the "world: name: " entry in config.yml to your preferred world's name.
- Q: What does "You're in an infected area" mean?
A: That is the world border. It is intended to serve as a help for limiting the map size; you can disable it in the config.
- Q: Can you add <feature>?
A: Please check whether that idea is already on the to-do-list, if it is, I am probably already working on it.
If you encounter an issue,
please create a ticket instead of a comment,
that makes it easier for us to help you!