ComPassionate v2.7.1 (Updated for 1.5)
ComPassionate is a plugin that is designed to overhaul compasses and their features. It gives players the ability to create waypoints which can be named, given descriptions, and stored into a database for later use. In addition to this, it offers the ability to track players/mobs through an intuitive interface. Hate commands? This plugin comes with an (almost) command-less alternative. But it goes without saying that it also comes with a very thorough command interface for users/administrators to use alike.
- Currently 4 Unique Compass Modes to make your compass experience more enjoyable and practical!
- Completely internal control (no commands if you so desire, simply left/right click!)
- Mob Tracker (Compass Mode) Read further down to find out more!
- Player Tracker (Compass Mode) Read further down to find out more!
- Waypoint Tracker (Compass Mode) Read further down to find out more!
- Grave Tracker (Compass Mode) Read further down to find out more!
- BukkitPerms support (And support for no permissions)
- Complete set of user-friendly commands
Important: To cycle through compass modes, hold a compass in your hand and right-click
The Waypoint Tracker is what I consider the premier feature of ComPassionate 2.0. It allows players to create lists of waypoints that can be seamlessly targetted by their compass, in addition to allowing descriptions of each waypoint to be made (so they aren't confused by similar entries)
- Left-Click: Cycles through the player's current list of waypoints
- Crouch-Left-Click: Sets a waypoint to the player's current location, and prompts them for a name and description
- Crouch-Right-Click: Tells you which waypoint you're tracking
The Mob Tracker mode will essentially scan an area around you (configurable) for mobs, select a mob at random, tell you what type of mob it is, and set your compass to follow that mob. Every 5 seconds, the compass will update to the mob's new location. If the mob dies, or you go too far away, it will drop the target. Players have the option to remove certain mobs from the cycle.
- Left-Click: Tracks a random mob in a configurable vicinity
- Crouch-Left-Click: Will 'ignore' the mob for future trackings. This is useful for only searching for a specific type of mob in an area.
- Crouch-Right-Click: Tells you which mob you're tracking
The Player Tracker mode is extremly similar to the Mob Tracker mode, except it will scan players instead of mobs. For this reason, I'm not really going to give much use info for it. All the steps for the mob scanner, are the same for this. (Just pretend each 'mob' is replaced with 'player')
(NEW) Grave Tracker
The Grave Tracker mode allows players to keep track of the last place they died. This can be useful for going to retrieve items after a nasty fall, creeper encounter, or dance with cave spiders. It also persists through reloads, so if the server shuts off unexpectedly, you can find your items when it's back up.
- Left-Click: Locate your last known death location
- Shift-Left-Click: (none)
- Shift-Right-Click: (none)
There are 3 'base' aliases for the ComPassionate commands: /compassionate, /compass, and /cp
- /cp help - Tells you everything you need to know.
- /cp locate <waypointName> - Targets the named waypoint
- /cp waypoint list - Lists all of your waypoints
- /cp newwaypoint <name> - Creates a new waypoint with <name> at current location
- /cp info <waypointName> - Tells you the info AND coordinates of a certain waypoint
- /cp setinfo <waypointName> <info...> - Allows you to set a generic description for a waypoint
- /cp remove <waypointName> - Removes a waypoint from your current list
- /cp mode help - lists a separate help section for compass modes
- /cp locateplayer <playerName> - Locates the selected player
- /cp share <waypointName> <playerName> - Shares the selected waypoint with the given player
- /cp toggle - Toggles the entire set of ComPassionate features to be on/off
PLEASE NOTE, THE 2.6 BUILD HAS AN ISSUE WITH THE DEFAULT CONFIG FILE. USE THIS TEXT BELOW AS YOUR CONFIG FILE IN ORDER FOR IT TO PROPERLY LOAD AND USE THE VALUES
General: Monster-Scanner-Range: 30 Player-Scanner-Range: 100 Enable-Permissions: true Spawn-With-Compass-On-Death: true
|1||Monster-Scanner-Range||defines the radius for how far the compass can track mobs|
|2||Player-Scanner-Range||defines the radius for how far the compass can track players|
|3||Enable-Permissions||set this to false if you want it to run off an OP-based system, leave it true for permissions supprort|
|4||Spawn-With-Compass-On-Death||If this is set to true, players who have a compass in their inventory upon dying will respawn with it, and it will not be dropped. This is for the 'Grave-Tracker' mode|
- 'compassionate.waypoint' - Allows the use of the Waypoint Compass mode (and commands)
- 'compassionate.mob' - Allows use of the Mob-Tracker Compass mode
- 'compassionate.player' - Allows use of the Player-Tracker Compass mode
- 'compassionate.locateplayer' - Allows use of /cp locateplayer <playerName>
- 'compassionate.grave' - Allows use of Grave Tracker Compass mode
- 'compassionate.untrackable' - Players with this permission can not be tracked by the Player Tracker
Please give me:
- Your Bukkit Build #
- The stack-trace (if there is one) [error log]
- The version of this plugin that you're using.
- Any additional information that you can muster up.