ColoredGroups - Simple, yet powerful!
ColoredGroups - Simple, yet powerful!
- Format chat with incredible ease!
- COLOREDGROUPS IS NOT A PERMISSIONS PLUGIN, CHAT FORMATTER ONLY
- Supports all permissions systems that Vault supports.
- Extremely optimized code, Average chat execution is around 0.10ms
- Ability to color players nametags based on their colored group!
- Full control over your servers chat formatting
- Ability to test what the chat would look like with /cg test all or /cg test <group>
- Importation ability using Vault, loads your chat settings from your previous Chat formatter (if applicable)
- Attention: ColoredGroups disregards prefixes from your permissions system, it allows you to easily set chat colors in the ColoredGroups config.yml rather than with your permissions system.
- /cg help - Lists all available commands
- /cg reload config - Reloads variables from config
- /cg reload tags - Reloads tags if they are enabled
- /cg test all - Sends you an example message of what all groups looks like in chat
- /cg test <group> - Sends you an example of what that groups chat would look like
- /cg import - Imports chat profiles using vault from your previous chat provider
- Drag and drop the .jar into the plugins directory and restart the server.
How to set groups
- ColoredGroups works by "hooking" into your permissions plugin to see how to format chat messages.
- You need to properly configure ColoredGroups in order to work, however it is very simple.
- If you have vault installed, simply run /cg import
- Vault will scan what permissions system you use, and then fill our config nicely :)
More involved method
- Once you map all your ranks over to ColoredGroups, you can now configure the colors how you please.
- Visit my website for more information.
Can you please update this plugin to 1.6.4?
It Happened To Meh Too :(
Hello, I have dropped the .jar into the plugins directory, however no folder is made for config, and I am not able to go /cg help or any command related with ColouredGroups. I have reload, restarted and reinstalled but no luck!
Are you going to add colored tab support for groups? That'd be awesome so I can lower two plugins with just this one.
Just 1 problem!
I use towny and the town prefix dissapears when i add this plugin, But when i add %t it came back but the color of the muffix sets to white any solution?
Owner: Prefix: '' Suffix: '&9&n' Muffix: '&6&l' Format: '%t %p: %m' ShownGroup: TagColor: '&6' options: debug: false import: false in-game-set: true backup-on-disable: true allow-color-codes: false override: true
Hmm, I use bPermissions and I'm sure I hooked up all my ranks the right way, but It still doesn't seem to work, is there any reason for that to happen?
This plugin is used to format chat, it's not a permissions plugin.
How do you rank up someone?
Yeah. Its not working. I dragged and dropped the .jar file into my plugin folder and it's not working. I am also using the reccomended build as of now. Please help. Thanks
Thats very Cool!
Oh OK it's through the permissions system. Got it, thanks.
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to add players to groups. Is there a command, or do you have to do it in the config.yml file. I'm new to bukkit, so the answer is probably going to be obvious.
You have to follow the proper formatting and syntax of YAML, it's quite simple once you master YAML.
How do you add more groups to the config becuase whenever i try to add my donator rank it never works.
Someone please tell me why my colored groups file clears all the ranks when I restart my server and how to fix it, PLEASE. It is one of a few things that is holding me back from officially launching my server!
Perhaps adding an option to buy specific rank with in-game money would be nice.
Thanks, glad you enjoy it. About the 'farther update', what did you have in mind? I generally don't add much as some people are interested in a non-intrusive chat plugin, not a large 'suite' which may be what you want but you're stuck with because it's bundled.
Hey dude good work! 5 stars keep up the good work and im waiting for farther update!