ColoredGroups - Simple, yet powerful!
ColoredGroups - Simple, yet powerful!
- Format chat with incredible ease!
- COLOREDGROUPS IS NOT A PERMISSIONS PLUGIN, CHAT FORMATTER ONLY
- Supports all permissions systems that Vault supports.
- Extremely optimized code, Average chat execution is around 0.10ms
- Ability to color players nametags based on their colored group!
- Full control over your servers chat formatting
- Ability to test what the chat would look like with /cg test all or /cg test <group>
- Importation ability using Vault, loads your chat settings from your previous Chat formatter (if applicable)
- Attention: ColoredGroups disregards prefixes from your permissions system, it allows you to easily set chat colors in the ColoredGroups config.yml rather than with your permissions system.
- /cg help - Lists all available commands
- /cg reload config - Reloads variables from config
- /cg reload tags - Reloads tags if they are enabled
- /cg test all - Sends you an example message of what all groups looks like in chat
- /cg test <group> - Sends you an example of what that groups chat would look like
- /cg import - Imports chat profiles using vault from your previous chat provider
- Drag and drop the .jar into the plugins directory and restart the server.
How to set groups
- ColoredGroups works by "hooking" into your permissions plugin to see how to format chat messages.
- You need to properly configure ColoredGroups in order to work, however it is very simple.
- If you have vault installed, simply run /cg import
- Vault will scan what permissions system you use, and then fill our config nicely :)
More involved method
- Once you map all your ranks over to ColoredGroups, you can now configure the colors how you please.
- Visit my website for more information.
does it work with permissions X?
Does this plugin work for 1.9?
how get permissions?
If PEX supports vault, then no ColoredGroups will work with PEX.
it doesn't support PermissonX ?!?
Can you post some more information such as the error that is appearing in the server log?
i cant se the color on the names or anything i have done in the config file on the plugin.i cant see the name that says in the config file please help me!
and the other problem is that when i do /coloredgroups command it says 'An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command'
please help me!
PS this looks like a greate plugin!
Typically you'd use another plugin to set a users 'nickname'.
For simplicity purposes I excluded it from ColoredGroups because that functionality could be handled more efficiently by other plugins, but if you really wanted it i could add it here.
Hey imilkywayz, I love your plugin! but could you make it so that it changes the player's displayname? thanks.
Can you add a list of all of the permissions the plugin uses?
Maybe you could also add support for permission based prefixes? Seperate section in config, where you can set a prefix and a permission for it, then put %prefix whereever the prefix should appear.
Is there any way you could add a feature, where players can see info about another player by hovering their mouse over that player's name in chat? Something like DeluxeChat or ChatEvents has. http://gyazo.com/03e8c2256538103a3d83770f642a247e
What you linked to me isn't a real URL, I can't see what is wrong. . .
When Ever I try to type in /cg help or anything it says Internal error occer. I have tryed everything to get it not to say that be it still will not work....
Photo ^ Thx :P
Works perfectly, simple at least! Keep up the good work.
My settings automatically changes from import true to false.
at first it was default (false) so i changed it to true.
after changing it automatically changes to false AGAIN. need help!. I did my permissionex code nicely. now i just need help with the CG
An update for 1.8.3 would be nice ;)
Well.. colored player nametags still don't wanna work for me =/
I use ColoredGroups together with Essentials, Groupmanager and Spigot.