Not compatible with 1.13+. This is an old plugin that would require an almost total rewrite to get it working in more up-to-date servers. Sorry!
A coin-based economy plugin, designed to mimic real currencies for RPG-style servers. Create as many different currencies, with as many different denominations of coins (or notes/tokens/chips etc) as you want. Each coin is unique and can be customised, using any item, with a custom name and print. Hooks into Vault so it can be used with other plugins, and has a comprehensive selection of commands to create, spend, distribute, convert and modify coins which can be used in command blocks and scripting plugins.
- Can use any item type as a coin
- Supports multiple denominations of a currency
- Uses item display names and lore to make coins unique
- API support for other plugins to use (https://github.com/XHawk87/Coinage)
- Provides a variety commands for admin management and command block use
- Can give or take specified values of a currency from inventories
- Can make change for a given value
- Supports multiple currencies
- Can convert between currencies
- Can manage currencies through commands or configuration file
- Can integrate with Vault to set one currency to be used as the Vault currency
Ideas for Future Development
- Fully customisable lore for each individual coin, as many lines as you want, containing as much text and colours as you want
- Allow chests and other inventory blocks to be used in place of players in Coinage commands using their coordinates
- Add Vault support for non-Coinage currencies in the /ConvertCoins command to allow conversion through Vault
- Optional command to be executed when /SpendCoins fails due to the player not having enough currency available
- Bank support (possibly using chests)
- Compatibility with Skript to provide per-currency checks and transactions
- Allow currency to be transferred to offline/non-existent players through Vault
- Allow adding, removing and modifying commands that can optionally be run after various other Coinage commands
- Add optional arguments to the end of /SpendCoins ([currency]) [player] [amount] ([success] [fail]) to trigger customisable commands on success or failure to remove the coins. @player @currency @amount will be replaced with the actual values as it is parsed
- Add optional argument to the end of /CoinValue ([player]) ([currency]) ([trigger]) to trigger a customisable command after calculating the value in coins the player is holding. @player @currency @amount will be replaced with the actual values as it is parsed.
- Improved support for servers using ANSI text-encoding
- Optionally record amount of coins on item lore/title instead of using the stack amount (bypassing the 64 item limit)
- - Optionally set custom stacking limits
- Provide optional feature to automatically mint coins as they are picked up
- Add a command to open a moneybag for a player
- Add tab-autocompletion to all Coinage commands
If you have an idea, please make a suggestion in the comments!
- Using any of the currency transaction commands while there are no currencies will throw an error instead of a nice message explaining what's wrong
- Due to a weakness in Minecraft client support for custom inventories, items will very occasionally be lost on placing them into moneybags
- There is a time-related bug in Coinage 2.1 and 2.2 which will prevent any changes to Moneybags from being saved, to fix this, you should update to Coinage 0.2.3 or downgrade to the latest release build
A full list of commands is available on the Command Reference page.
Detailed command help is available in-game by typing /help Coinage
This plugin uses Java 7
If you get the followed error on starting up the server with this plugin installed "Unsupported major.minor version 51.0". This means you are using an out of date version of Java. If you don't know how to upgrade, please contact your server hosting provider and ask them for help in upgrading to Java 7, or contact Oracle customer support. Mac OS X users require JDK 7 instead of JRE 7.
If you'd like to contribute towards the continued development, support and maintenance of this project, please consider joining me on Patreon, and making a one-time or recurring pledge.
If you need help you can leave a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. You can also join my IRC chatroom using the following link. Please note, I am not always at my keyboard!