The great outdoors is all good and fine but sometimes you just want to go to town. Not any town will do, how about one that goes on forever or multiple ones separated by the largest mountains possible in MineCraft. But what is under those mountains? There is an entire world to explore, have fun!
There is a Spigot/Bukkit happy version of CityWorld over at http://www.spigotmc.org/resources/cityworld.2250/. I am not going to be updating the version here on dev.bukkit.com, so go there for the latest.
More pictures can be found here.
- Now supports Minecraft/Spigot 1.9 (or I think it does) and was tested against PI day build of Spigot
- Added an option to turn off things like Hot Air Balloons for folks who don't like fun things in the air ;-)
- Add material lists for astral, bunkers and water towers generation, yes I know there still more to do
- Reduced the likelihood of Museums, sorry about that
- Farms now can grow BeetRoots, Yumm!
- More building and roof styles
- MAYBE ISSUE: It seems to me that Minecraft/Spigot 1.9 causes CityWorld to generate worlds slower, but I could be wrong
- Fixed bugs
- Finally got the fossils generating... and Museums :-)
- Fixed a long standing tree generation bug... and added the occasional dead tree trunk
- The majority of materials used during building generation are now configurable (lists are maintained in the cityworld's yml file)
- All chest content generation is now configurable (phatloot should still work if you really need it)
- Road material is now configurable, don't like clay... change it
- Added new lot types to world (hot air balloons, water towers, park mazes, barns, etc.)
- Brought over some of the Maze world lots to normal worlds (lumber yards, quarries, camp grounds, etc.)
- Created a way to invert the range generation logic, now you can generate cities that surround a center of nature instead of the other way around
- Lots of refactoring and tweaking, world generation will likely change... sorry but it couldn't be helped
- Fixed a number of bugs that have been bothering me
It has been a while, sorry but my day job continues to be a bit crazy and is pretty much taking up all of my time. In this most recent update CityWorld should now work against 1.8.8 to a large degree. Many things have changed with the latest MineCraft and Spigot/CraftBukkit, I would be surprised if no problems are hiding in here somewhere.
Index of useful info
- Installation... Start Here!
- Version info...
- Tools I used to make this...
This plugin really "tests" MineCraft/Bukkit when it comes to complex worlds. In fact when you spawn/teleport into a new CityWorld (or some wildly new location) it takes a while for all of the blocks to generate. This is especially obvious if you are flying around. Once the blocks are generated though everything works just fine. What I recommend is take a tour of your new world and just walk/fly up to each "uninitialized chunk" until everything shows up.