ChessCraft is a Bukkit plugin which lets you play chess. It has support for multiple chessboards and multiple concurrent games, playing against other players, or against the computer. Multiple board and piece styles are supported, along with an integrated piece designer, player ranking ladder and more.
- ChessCraft 2.5.2 for CraftBukkit 1.7.9+
- ChessCraft 2.4.5 for CraftBukkit 1.7.2-R0.3/1.6.4-R2.0
- ChessCraft 2.3.4 for CraftBukkit 1.6.2-R0.1/1.5.2-R1.0/1.4.7-R1.0
Note: the ChessCraft for Bukkit plugin is completely unrelated to the Forge ChessCraft mod which can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1621907-1467101chesscraft-play-chessbetter-than-chess
- See the Videos page for some demonstration & tutorial videos.
- Complete implementation of the rules of chess (including castling, promotion, en passant etc.)
- Create as many chessboards as you like in your world(s), and run multiple concurrent games on them
- Create different board and chess set styles (several board/set styles are included)
- Players can fly around chess boards even without creative mode (v1.3.0+ needed)
- Permissions support (via Bukkit superperms)
- Economy support via Vault - bet economy credits on a game
- Play against human or AI opponents (using the jChecs AI engine or external engines via the XBoard protocol)
- WorldEdit support - terrain restoration if & when boards are deleted
- ScrollingMenuSign Support - create useful command menus of games/boards
- Integrated chess piece designer
- Translations - ChessCraft messages can be translated into other languages
- Database support: game results and game details (PGN) are saved to SQLite or MySQL database
- Leaderboard showing the top players on the server based on game results saved to the database
- Copy ChessCraft.jar into your Bukkit plugins/ folder.
- Optional: If you want Economy support, you will also need to install the Vault plugin.
- Optional: If you have WorldEdit installed, terrain will be automatically backed up when chess boards are created (and restored upon board deletion). WorldEdit v5.3+ is required - WorldEdit-5.3-SNAPSHOT or any earlier release will not work.
- Optional: If you have ScrollingMenuSign installed, ChessCraft will create SMS menus for board/game management. See ScrollingMenuSign Support.
- Optional (2.4.0+): If you have Dynmap installed, chessboards will be marked on your maps.
- Optional (2.4.0+): If you have Citizens installed, entity chess sets will be available, using NPC's for chess pieces.
- Optional (2.4.0+): ProtocolLib is a recommended dependency if you are using entity chess sets, to quieten mobs down.
- Restart or reload your server.
- Quickstart Guide
- Command Reference
- Configuration File
- Getting Around The Board
- Board Styles
- Piece Styles
- List of stock board and piece styles
- Piece Designer
- Time Controls
- Permissions Support
- ScrollingMenuSign Support
- Player Leaderboard
- WorldEdit Support
- Economy Support
- Dynmap Support
- AI - Computer Players
Development versions can be downloaded from this Jenkins build server. Notes:
- Development versions have not been approved by dev.bukkit.org staff
- Development versions may be buggy or fail to work completely. Only use development versions if you a) want to help with finding bugs, or b) have been asked to, to test a bugfix.
Bugs and Feature Requests
Use the Tickets tab to submit any bug reports or feature requests.
Since ChessCraft v1.1.0, fully anonymous usage statistics are collected using MCStats:
If you wish to opt out of MCStats metrics collection, edit
plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml and change opt-out: false to true.
If you use and enjoy ChessCraft, you are welcome to make a donation by clicking the "Donate" button at the top right. However, donations are strictly optional, and don't confer any special benefits over non-donors.
Hi, so I really LOVE this chess craft and I feel like I'm asking for a lot here, but.......... is there any way you could make 3D chess boards possible? That would be amazing!
Glad you like it :)
Good god man you are amazing! Can't believe I didn't find this before. This plugin would have taken forever to make!
So glad you made it! Very fun!
Yes, coming in the next version, hopefully this week. The necessary updates are already in the source for the dev branch.
iConomy 6 Support?
BTW all, there is an active forum for this project, which is probably best suited for general discussion, and an active ticket system which is best for reporting problems. Thanks :)
@Ralmslb: glad you like it!
When someone logs out in the middle of a game, a countdown starts after which the other player can claim victory by default - see the "timeout_forfeit" option in the config file. 60 seconds by default - after that the remaining player can type "/chess win" to claim victory.
As for blocking commands, not sure what you're trying to achieve that can't be done with permissions? Or do you mean block every other plugin command? Not sure if that's such a good idea...
@McEvan7: love it!
Its extremely fun. This is one of the boards we made. http://screensnapr.com/v/aeVZyx.png Thank you for the great plugin.
Very well done mate. One of the best plugins Ive seen so far. I love the board idea with the clocks. Awesome.
I was just wondering 1 thing. Does the plugin handle players that Log out???? I tried to log out and log in again and it seens that doesnt do anything.
Can you add support for it?? Like 1 min after a player log out the game would get auto reset ??? Thanks
One more thing that would be great. Block all command usage and then have in configs a whitelist for commands, like commands that people can use while playing chess.
Fully documented at https://github.com/desht/ChessCraft/wiki for now. I will be moving the docs over to dev.bukkit.org soon though.
Update: all ChessCraft docs are now hosted here.
This just gets triggered by the player.getTargetBlock() call sometimes, and I've no idea why. Bug in Bukkit as far as I can tell. I've seen it happen with other plugins which use that call too.
One day I'll get round to going through the source for getTargetBlock() and see if I can work out what circumstances trigger it...
Update: actually, check this post: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/player-gettargetblock-at-max-altitude.15100/
I can reliably cause the exception by left-clicking at thin air at altitude 127. Maybe that's what players on your server are doing?
As far as I can tell, the exception is harmless, so I'll probably just catch and ignore it in the next release.
I get thousands of these daily:
can u explain ho9w it works and how do u make chess boards?