ChessCraft is a Bukkit plugin which lets you play chess. It has support for multiple chessboards and multiple concurrent games, playing against other players, or against the computer. Multiple board and piece styles are supported, along with an integrated piece designer, player ranking ladder and more.
- ChessCraft 2.5.2 for CraftBukkit 1.7.9+
- ChessCraft 2.4.5 for CraftBukkit 1.7.2-R0.3/1.6.4-R2.0
- ChessCraft 2.3.4 for CraftBukkit 1.6.2-R0.1/1.5.2-R1.0/1.4.7-R1.0
Note: the ChessCraft for Bukkit plugin is completely unrelated to the Forge ChessCraft mod which can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1621907-1467101chesscraft-play-chessbetter-than-chess
- See the Videos page for some demonstration & tutorial videos.
- Complete implementation of the rules of chess (including castling, promotion, en passant etc.)
- Create as many chessboards as you like in your world(s), and run multiple concurrent games on them
- Create different board and chess set styles (several board/set styles are included)
- Players can fly around chess boards even without creative mode (v1.3.0+ needed)
- Permissions support (via Bukkit superperms)
- Economy support via Vault - bet economy credits on a game
- Play against human or AI opponents (using the jChecs AI engine or external engines via the XBoard protocol)
- WorldEdit support - terrain restoration if & when boards are deleted
- ScrollingMenuSign Support - create useful command menus of games/boards
- Integrated chess piece designer
- Translations - ChessCraft messages can be translated into other languages
- Database support: game results and game details (PGN) are saved to SQLite or MySQL database
- Leaderboard showing the top players on the server based on game results saved to the database
- Copy ChessCraft.jar into your Bukkit plugins/ folder.
- Optional: If you want Economy support, you will also need to install the Vault plugin.
- Optional: If you have WorldEdit installed, terrain will be automatically backed up when chess boards are created (and restored upon board deletion). WorldEdit v5.3+ is required - WorldEdit-5.3-SNAPSHOT or any earlier release will not work.
- Optional: If you have ScrollingMenuSign installed, ChessCraft will create SMS menus for board/game management. See ScrollingMenuSign Support.
- Optional (2.4.0+): If you have Dynmap installed, chessboards will be marked on your maps.
- Optional (2.4.0+): If you have Citizens installed, entity chess sets will be available, using NPC's for chess pieces.
- Optional (2.4.0+): ProtocolLib is a recommended dependency if you are using entity chess sets, to quieten mobs down.
- Restart or reload your server.
- Quickstart Guide
- Command Reference
- Configuration File
- Getting Around The Board
- Board Styles
- Piece Styles
- List of stock board and piece styles
- Piece Designer
- Time Controls
- Permissions Support
- ScrollingMenuSign Support
- Player Leaderboard
- WorldEdit Support
- Economy Support
- Dynmap Support
- AI - Computer Players
Development versions can be downloaded from this Jenkins build server. Notes:
- Development versions have not been approved by dev.bukkit.org staff
- Development versions may be buggy or fail to work completely. Only use development versions if you a) want to help with finding bugs, or b) have been asked to, to test a bugfix.
Bugs and Feature Requests
Use the Tickets tab to submit any bug reports or feature requests.
Since ChessCraft v1.1.0, fully anonymous usage statistics are collected using MCStats:
If you wish to opt out of MCStats metrics collection, edit
plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml and change opt-out: false to true.
If you use and enjoy ChessCraft, you are welcome to make a donation by clicking the "Donate" button at the top right. However, donations are strictly optional, and don't confer any special benefits over non-donors.
Before anyone asks, ChessCraft 1.1.1 (latest release) does not work with the CraftBukkit 1.3.1 development releases. I do plan to have a compatible release out before CraftBukkit 1.3.1 stable is out, though.
Wow thank you! This is going to be a sweet addition to my server ^_^ thank you for making such an awesome plugin!
Yes there is :)
The reason it's so big is because it includes the 2MB opening book file which the AI can use. This file is
fr/free/jchecs/ai/jchecs.opn, and can be safely removed from the JAR. The AI will even continue to work without it (although of course won't have the benefit of the opening book).
That will get the JAR size down to around 500KB.
I don't suppose there's any way to make this file under 2MB is there? I REALLY want to add this to my server but my host won't allow uploads over 2MB...
Because of the AI it would make sense that this wouldn't be able to be scaled down... though maybe divided into parts perhaps?
Awesome plugin. Really enjoying the heck out of it. Keep up the great work!
Really nice plugin ! Great work.
I have a question. But i dont want to do that in the comments. I´ll write you a message when i have time for that :) I hope I dont forget it .. -.-'
Quick Praise: I think it is AWESOME that you included Castling and the En Passant capture. You are awesome.
Yeah.. Read a few comments down (won't be happening any time soon, sorry)
you should also make checkers :)
There's actually a lowercase 'z' in that error message where there should be a \ symbol? I can't see any way that could possibly happen. Are you just retyping the error message? If so please don't - I need to see the exact error, cut & pasted. And please create a ticket for this.
hello when i type /chess create board board1 is says resource file 'plugins\chesscraft\board_styleszstandard.yml is not readable and even if i type /chess create board board1 large it says the same message
Thank you so much, I LOVE this plugin
There isn't but that's a good idea - I can add it for the next release.
Is there a way to set a max stake amount? Things can get a little out of hand with people winning large amounts of money, even with the payout modifiers, but I don't want to turn off betting against the ai completely. So a way to cap how much you can bet on a game would be wonderful.
No reason it wouldn't.
Does this work with 1.2.5 R2.0 ?
Gets asked a lot and I'm afraid the answer is sorry but no - I have no plans to include checkers as part of ChessCraft. Checkers is a completely different game; the only similarity is the board it's played on.
One crazy idea) Maybe add checkers? xD
Create a ticket please, and attach your game save (from plugins/ChessCraft/data/games) and your config.yml.#
Also, does this problem happen every time, or was it a one-off problem?