UploadedApr 4, 2014
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.7.2-R0.3
- CB 1.6.4-R2.0
v2.4.5 (4 Apr 2014)
- CraftBukkit 1.7.5 support.
- FIX: entity chess boards weren't redrawing properly following a move undo (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chesscraft/tickets/66-entity-chess-set-peculiarity/)
- Blazes weren't working well as the black king in entity chess sets (they don't seem to move reliably). Now using a creeper instead. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chesscraft/tickets/66-entity-chess-set-peculiarity/
- The Chesspresso library is no longer directly included in the ChessCraft source, but is now pulled in as an external Maven dependency. Some unused Chesspresso classes are no longer present in the final ChessCraft.jar.
v2.4.4 was pulled due to concerns over unused classes in the JAR (see Chesspresso note above)
v2.4.3 (21 Feb 2014)
- Replaced log_level config setting with debug_level, which now takes a numeric value (default 0, values up to 3 make the plugin progressively more verbose on the console and in the server log file)
- Now using baby zombies instead of magma cubes for black pawns in the entity set. Magma cube (and slime) support appears to be a little flaky in Citizens (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chesscraft/tickets/64-entity-chess-set-creation-crash/)
- Fix: problem with creating PGN results database table (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chesscraft/tickets/63-game-stats-not-being-saved-in-mys-ql/)
- Fix: working MySQL database reconnect (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chesscraft/tickets/63-game-stats-not-being-saved-in-mys-ql/)
- Fix: better database threading safety overall.
v2.4.2 (2 Dec 2013)
- CraftBukkit 1.7.2 support. Note that CB 1.7.2 is in early development phase and should not be considered stable at this time. Entity boards will need a dev release of Citizens (2.0.11). ProtocolLib is not yet available for CB 1.7.2 (at the time of this release).
- Fix: on entity boards, a pawn captured via en passant was not properly removed from the board (internal game model was correct, visual representation was wrong).
v2.4.1 (26 Sep 2013)
- Fixed dumb error where an exception was thrown on startup if Citizens was not present. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chesscraft/tickets/56-could-not-load-plugin/
v2.4.0 (24 Sep 2013)
- CraftBukkit 1.6.4 supported.
- CraftBukkit 1.5.x and earlier is no longer supported.
- Entity-based chess sets are now supported! This release includes one board style and piece style (both called "entity") to demonstrate the new functionality. Use
/chess create board <name> -style entityto create one. See Piece Styles for more information on entity chess sets. The Citizens2 plugin is required if you want to use entity sets.
- Added soft dependency on ProtocolLib. If you're using entity chess sets, ProtocolLib is strongly recommended, to quieten down the entities on the board and preserve players' sanity...
- Basic Dynmap support added: if the Dynmap plugin is present, chess boards will be marked on the map along with some data about games and players, if any. See Dynmap Support.
- When a piece is selected, the square under it is now highlighted (with yellow wool by default, but this is configurable via the "highlight_selected" attribute in Board Styles.
- The game creator is now auto-teleported to the game, if "auto_teleport_on_join" is true. Previously only the invited player would be teleported.
- Added new setting "auto_teleport_on_start", if you would prefer to teleport players when the game starts.
- Game results SQL tables are now prefixed with "chesscraft_" by default. Existing tables will be auto-renamed. The prefix is configurable via the "database.table_prefix" setting. This was done in case you want to store ChessCraft and Checkers results data in the same DB instance (previously, table names clashed).
- The game is now less verbose by default (e.g. piece selected messages are no longer sent). Previous functionality can be restored with the "verbose" boolean config setting.
- Falling blocks which land on a chessboard will now drop an item instead of forming a block (assuming the falling block entity was actually set to drop an item).
- Some fixes to block placing and breaking for the black pieces area when in Piece Designer mode.
- Tab completion now works on the console with CB 1.6.4 (technically a CraftBukkit change, but worth mentioning).
See Changelog for complete change history.
- Very large styles (e.g. "huge" or "yazpanda") may suffer from slow chunk updates with the vanilla Minecraft client, leading to poor board redraw performance. It is recommended to use the Optifine mod (or the Spoutcraft client, which includes Optifine), and experiment in particular with the "Chunk Updates per Frame" and "Dynamic Updates" video settings.
- xboard protocol support should be considered experimental at this time - while the AI.yml file contains some definitions for xboard-base AI's, they are marked as disabled by default, so they won't be auto-picked as opponents. They can be explicitly invited, however, with e.g.
/chess invite gnuchess1. xboard support has been tested successfully with the gnuchess and crafty engines.