UploadedSep 26, 2013
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.6.2-R1.0
v2.4.1 (26 Sep 2013)
- Fixed dumb error where an exception was thrown on startup if Citizens was not present. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chesscraft/tickets/56-could-not-load-plugin/
v2.4.0 (24 Sep 2013)
- CraftBukkit 1.6.4 supported.
- CraftBukkit 1.5.x and earlier is no longer supported.
- Entity-based chess sets are now supported! This release includes one board style and piece style (both called "entity") to demonstrate the new functionality. Use
/chess create board <name> -style entityto create one. See Piece Styles for more information on entity chess sets. The Citizens2 plugin is required if you want to use entity sets.
- Added soft dependency on ProtocolLib. If you're using entity chess sets, ProtocolLib is strongly recommended, to quieten down the entities on the board and preserve players' sanity...
- Basic Dynmap support added: if the Dynmap plugin is present, chess boards will be marked on the map along with some data about games and players, if any. See Dynmap Support.
- When a piece is selected, the square under it is now highlighted (with yellow wool by default, but this is configurable via the "highlight_selected" attribute in Board Styles.
- The game creator is now auto-teleported to the game, if "auto_teleport_on_join" is true. Previously only the invited player would be teleported.
- Added new setting "auto_teleport_on_start", if you would prefer to teleport players when the game starts.
- Game results SQL tables are now prefixed with "chesscraft_" by default. Existing tables will be auto-renamed. The prefix is configurable via the "database.table_prefix" setting. This was done in case you want to store ChessCraft and Checkers results data in the same DB instance (previously, table names clashed).
- The game is now less verbose by default (e.g. piece selected messages are no longer sent). Previous functionality can be restored with the "verbose" boolean config setting.
- Falling blocks which land on a chessboard will now drop an item instead of forming a block (assuming the falling block entity was actually set to drop an item).
- Some fixes to block placing and breaking for the black pieces area when in Piece Designer mode.
- Tab completion now works on the console with CB 1.6.4 (technically a CraftBukkit change, but worth mentioning).
See Changelog for complete change history.
- Very large styles (e.g. "huge" or "yazpanda") may suffer from slow chunk updates with the vanilla Minecraft client, leading to poor board redraw performance. It is recommended to use the Optifine mod (or the Spoutcraft client, which includes Optifine), and experiment in particular with the "Chunk Updates per Frame" and "Dynamic Updates" video settings.
- xboard protocol support should be considered experimental at this time - while the AI.yml file contains some definitions for xboard-base AI's, they are marked as disabled by default, so they won't be auto-picked as opponents. They can be explicitly invited, however, with e.g.
/chess invite gnuchess1. xboard support has been tested successfully with the gnuchess and crafty engines.