UploadedJul 2, 2013
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.5.2-R1.0
v2.3.3 (2 Jul 2013)
- CraftBukkit 1.6 compatibility. Note that support will not be given for MC-1.6-related problems until there is a CraftBukkit-1.6 Beta release.
- Any errors with custom board styles will now be logged much more clearly.
- ChessCraft now properly tidies up boards and games if a world is unloaded and/or reloaded (by plugins such as Multiverse).
v2.3.2 (7 Jun 2013)
- Fixed mistake in imports which meant that WorldEdit.jar must be loaded or you got a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sk89q/util/StringUtil exceptionfrom ChessCraft. WorldEdit is once again an optional dependency for terrain backup/restore and ChessCraft will function without it.
v2.3.1 (3 Jun 2013)
- Fixed ConcurrentModificationException when doing
/chess reload gamedata
- Fixed regression in multi-world support; an exception was being thrown for boards on unloaded worlds. Restored correct behaviour: board loading for unloaded worlds is deferred until the world is loaded.
- Board orientation (clicking the Board Info button or using
/chess list board <boardname>) is now displayed as the direction white faces again (recent releases were showing the control panel direction; confusion stemming from the redefinition of compass directions in Minecraft/Bukkit)
- MySQL database access is now properly multithreaded. No more danger of server lag resulting from slow external databases.
v2.3.0 (3 May 2013)
- CraftBukkit 1.5.2 and older supported.
- Added tab completion for all /chess subcommands and arguments. E.g.
/chess l<Tab>will auto-expand to
chess /list <Tab>will cycle through the various items that can be listed (board, game, ai, style, top), and
/chess list game <Tab>will cycle through the current games.
- Very large styles (e.g. "huge" or "yazpanda") may suffer from slow chunk updates with the vanilla Minecraft client, leading to poor board redraw performance. It is recommended to use the Optifine mod (or the Spoutcraft client, which includes Optifine), and experiment in particular with the "Chunk Updates per Frame" and "Dynamic Updates" video settings.
- xboard protocol support should be considered experimental at this time - while the AI.yml file contains some definitions for xboard-base AI's, they are marked as disabled by default, so they won't be auto-picked as opponents. They can be explicitly invited, however, with e.g.
/chess invite gnuchess1. xboard support has been tested successfully with the gnuchess and crafty engines.