UploadedMar 18, 2013
Supported Bukkit Versions
- CB 1.4.7-R1.0
v2.2.0 (18 Mar 2013)
- This release will work with CraftBukkit 1.5.x (1.4.7 is also still supported). Note that there is no CB 1.5 beta at the time of writing, and I will not be going out of my way to provide support for running ChessCraft on development releases of CB.
- Added the ability to specify custom teleport-out destinations, both per-board and a default global destination. Use the
/chess tp -setcommand to set a global destination, and
/chess tp -set <board>to set a board-specific destination. See http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/chesscraft/pages/command-reference/#w-setting-the-teleport-out-destination for more information.
- Very large styles (e.g. "huge" or "yazpanda") may suffer from slow chunk updates with the vanilla Minecraft client, leading to poor board redraw performance. It is recommended to use the Optifine mod (or the Spoutcraft client, which includes Optifine), and experiment in particular with the "Chunk Updates per Frame" and "Dynamic Updates" video settings.
- xboard protocol support should be considered experimental at this time - while the AI.yml file contains some definitions for xboard-base AI's, they are marked as disabled by default, so they won't be auto-picked as opponents. They can be explicitly invited, however, with e.g.
/chess invite gnuchess1. xboard support has been tested successfully with the gnuchess and crafty engines.
- MySQL database access is currently not multi-threaded, so be aware that a slow or unresponsive MySQL server may induce server lag. This will also be addressed in a near-future release.