This plugin allows your players to change their skins by command. These skins have to be downloaded from Mojang, because Minecraft clients only accept from Mojang signed skins. But you can choose every skin that another minecraft user currently has.
Moreover it will be possible to set a custom standard skin. If you want to, this plugin can set this standard skin for all players who still have the default steve or alex skin.
- Instant skin updates
- Easy to use
- Implemented cache to benefit performance
- Nearly no mojang rate limits due caching
- No client modification needed
- Possibility to create a standard skin
- /setskin <uuid > - Sets your skin to be equal to the player with the selected uuid
- /setskin < playerName>
- /setskin < onlinePlayer > < newSkinUUID/newSkinPlayerName >
- /skinupdate - Invalidates the database entry and fetches the fresh skin from the Mojang servers
- changeskin.command.skinupdate - Command to refresh the own skin
- changeskin.command.setskin.* - All the commands below
- changeskin.command.setskin - Set your own skin
- changeskin.command.setskin.other - Set the skin of other players
Whitelist and blacklist permissions
- changeskin.skin.whitelist.uuid - Allow this specific skin
- changeskin.skin.whitelist.* - allows all skins
You don't have to decompile the plugin. You can find there the source code with comments and building utilities.
ChangeSkin is open source and hosted on GitHub; feel free to fork, star, or contribute by making pull requests and opening issues.
Video Tutorials (not by me)
I would really appreciate an API for this... This is bullcrap amazing, seriously.
Sorry that's not possible. The skin have to be download from Mojang, but you could use the skin of any Minecraft player even they didn't played on your server.
so how does it work?
can I upload a custom skin to my server then use it for any player?
So picking up a random data from a predefined yaml file?
Can you add /nick then randomly select a skin and a name in a yaml-data