Give your appearance some extra sparkle!
This plugin adds a fun little feature to your server: surround yourself with the fiery particles commonly found around Nether mobs!
This plugin is a toy - don't expect it to ever have features that affect gameplay. Use it to reward donators, for example, or as a way to show who's really in charge on your server.
Current Version: v0.3 (July 26, 2012) for CB 1.2.5-R4.0
Source Code: v0.3
Use of the plugin is controlled by a single command: /blaze. Used once, it will enable the effect; using it again will disable it. You may also now use /blaze <playername> to turn the effect on and off for others (NEW in v0.3). The effect will stay on no matter how often you log in or out, until you disable it.
The command is restricted to OPs by default. If a permissions plugin supporting SuperPerms is installed (such as PermissionsEX), the following permissions are supported:
- blazeofglory.use - Allows the use of the /blaze command.
- blazeofglory.others - (NEW in v0.3) Allows the use of /blaze <playername> to enable/disable the effect for others.
A config.yml file will be generated when you first install and run the plugin. It currently contains a single option:
- interval: Time between particle effects, in seconds (default is 1 second, decimal numbers such as 0.5 are accepted).
- I will not be adding new particle effects right now. The number of effects that can be controlled by a Bukkit plugin is fairly small, and very few of them look good as a player-centered effect. A plugin cannot make you have slow-moving purple sparkles like an Enderman, or hearts, or any number of other things. The two that would look OK are a.) small smoke puffs and b.) potion swirls.
- The effect will not always be perfectly centered around you. It is automatically rounded to the nearest block. This is how Minecraft handles this effect and is outside my control.
If you know of any way this plugin could be improved, by all means let me know. Keep in mind that I will NOT support old versions of Permissions - only the official Bukkit SuperPerms API. I also, as noted above, won't be adding new particle effects right now. Thanks for using this plugin!