bChatManager - The easy to use chat manager for bukkit
What is this?
bChatManager is an easy to use chat plugin for bukkit. Now supporting any plugin that works with vault, it has a number of features such as:
- Supports most plugins that provide prefixes
- Intuitive messaging format based off the twitter @messaging system
- Factions support
bChatManager was originally forked off the PEX ChatManager, so users coming from pex may vaguely recognise the config file. (even though I completely reworked it)
Installation and Usage
Once you've installed the plugin (which I'm not going to go into here, if you can't put a jar file in a folder then god help you), you may want to configure it. Here is the default config.
formats: message-format: '%prefix %player: &f%message' local-message-format: '[LOCAL] %prefix %player: &f%message' personal-message-format: '[MSG] [%player -> %reciever] &f%message' op-message-format: '&c[OPS ONLY] %player: &f%message' me-format: '* %player %message' toggles: control-me: true ranged-mode: false special-features: true other: chat-range: 100.0
- message format: Format of a global chat message
- local-message-format: Format of a local chat message.
- personal-message-format: Format of the @messaging messages
- me-format: Format for /me
- op-message-format: Op only message format
- control-me: Toggle whether bChatManager should handle /me
- ranged-mode: Toggles local messages. Doesn't work with chat channels.
- special-featues: Toggles whether @messaging and !global messaging in local chat should be enabled,
- chat-range: If local chat is enabled, this sets how far the players can speak
Special Chat Functions
- !message - Sends a message globally. Only useful in ranged mode.
- @playername message - Sends a private message to another player on the server. Can autocomplete the name, so if you have someonee called "OmG_CoMpleX1234" you could just do @omg message to message them. You can also message ops with @ops message.
- %message - Message text
- %player - Player's name
- %prefix - Player's prefix
- %suffix - Player's suffix
- %group - Player's group
- %world - World the player is in
- %mvworld - Multiverse formatted world tag. Requires bChatManager 3.1 and Multiverse core
- %faction - the faction the player is in. Requires factions 2.0
- %displayname - displayname of the player. USE THIS FOR ESSENTIALS NICKS
- Colors you can use - http:www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Classic_server_protocol#Color_Codes for the colors. Alternatively, try this site - http://buildworx-mc.com/bukkitColor/
- &l - bold text
- &m - striked text
- &n - underlined text
- &o - italic text
- bchatmanager.chat.global - allows you to use global chat in local chat
- bchatmanager.chat.color - allows you to color chat
- bchatmanager.chat.message - allows you to @message someone
- bchatmanager.spy - 1.3.2 feature, allows you to hear all PM's and local messages
- /me <message> - the /me command
- /bchatreload (must have the permissions bchatmanager.reload or be op) - Reloads bChatManager
Why did you remove the chat channels?
The way I had implemented chat channels was terrible. It was buggy, the code was convulted and messy, and I really should't have released it. Chat channels have therefore been removed from bChatManager 3.0 until I can implement them in a more robust fashion.
Older versions of bChatManager had a anonymous plugin stats tool called MCStats built into bChatManager. If you're using one of these older versions, and wish to disable it, find the PluginMetrics folder in your plugins folder and edit the config.yml to disable the stats :). If you wish to see these stats, they are publically avaliable https://mcstats.org/plugin/bChatManager. All the information there is the information that gets sent. Nothing else.
Video Tutorial (Thanks to BukkitTeacher)
Latest version is 3.0. Download from http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/bchatmanager/files/26-bchat-manager-v3-1-4/ today!
Development builds of this project can now be acquired at the provided continuous integration server located at http://rymatemc.co.uk/jenkins/job/bChatManager/
These builds have not been approved by the BukkitDev staff. Use them at your own risk.
My github is at https://github.com/rymate1234/bChatManager Feel free to fork me :P
The bottom bit
Any suggestions on how I can improve this plugin? Post in the comments! And if you need any help, also feel free to post on the forums section of this :)
Also. How do you make new groups and use this plugin?
When I do /join [name] it works, But if I do /join [invalidname] it will do as it should apart from the prefix will be the same as the invaild, E.G
[Ops] SirMangler: Hi
You are now in ops
[opps] SirMangler: Hi
Can you also fix /nick
Is it possible to update this to 1.5.2?
Is there a way to make it so that Essentials /nick command actually works??
I get an error in the console and the bChatmanager prefix disappeares when someone types a message containing "%" in the chat.
12:37:54 [SEVERE] Could not pass event AsyncPlayerChatEvent to bChatManager v3.0-BETA
Caused by: java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException Conversion = '%'
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor137.invoke(Unknown Source)
... 10 more
I'm getting this weird chat format its like this aFactionName 2[Owner] Name: heres my setup
I'm get this error when player send a message in chat:
Are you two using the latest beta? If so, then there's a few things you need to be aware off.
1. The config file is smaller than in version 2.0
2. bPermissions requires vault to work properly
3. Commands are unimplemented in beta 1
Im not getting the full config on install either - and my message format isnt working. Im just getting a space, then the username in game. any help would be appreiciated. also, is there a format placeholder for group prefixes and suffixes?
I don't seem to be getting the full default config on installation. Also, the edits that I have done to the config.yml are not being pushed to the server, even on a restart. The commands don't seem to be working either..
Does bChatManager come with a /shout feature that will allow you to temporarily join the global channel?
I use zPermissions due to the need for a SQL database with my ranks since I have 20+ servers, I would love to use this plugin though, can I?
Is there a way to disable normal players to use the msg thingy, the @playername ? Also, players can't use the global and alert method, right ?
BETA BETA BETA BETA TEST NAO http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/bchatmanager/files/18-bchat-manager-3-0-beta/
REQUIRES VAULT. We now no longer depend on bPermissions :D
Also 50,000 downloads ^_^
I'm thinking of taking this plugin over. Sent a message to the developer :P
"[WARNING] Plugin from file: file:[...]/plugins/bChatManager-VAULTRECODE.jar has embedded Metrics in the default package. This is not advisable, go nag them!"
could you please "unembed" it ;-)
Channels - Need help. I understand NOTHING about channels. I'd love to create new channels. But you haven't given instructions on how to do so. If you can help shoot me a pm :)
hey its nice to have the last prefix colour seen back in tab menu and above the players head i have seen it in other plugins and it is awesome if its build into this one
also a nice addition will be a swear blocker chat censoring system
Any idea how to get Nicknames working? Is there or a function or is it going to be released?
I always used & instead of §. I've not had any issues with ascii characters appearing.