Backpacks is a very unique plugin meant to add backpacks to Minecraft without the use of any client side modifications. Completely vanilla backpacks! This plugin is the first of its kind due to the fact that it adds backpacks as an item! Yes, you can craft backpacks or obtain them through commands. Backpacks can also be dropped on the floor, stored in a chest, or even stored in another backpack (configurable) and will always retain their inventory. Backpacks is also one of the only plugins (I know of at least) that allows you to view the specific NBT tags on items.
- High version compatibility - Backpacks supports a vast number of old versions and will most like support many more to come. Even if a version isn't explicitly stated as being supported, give it a try.
- NBT Data Storage - Backpack data is stored in that item's NBT data (the same way Minecraft stores data about enchantments). This means you don't have to worry about databases, configs, or anything like that. You can even backup the world and all of the backpack's contents will be backed up with it.
- Fully functioning backpack item - Backpacks from this plugin are just like backpacks from the mod. They can be traded, destroyed, cloned, etc.
- Different backpack types - This plugin introduces many different backpack types that extend far beyond just simply storage. Check them out under the crafting section of this page.
- Highly customizable - Almost every aspect of the backpacks is customizable, including the crafting recipe! So if you don't like the default recipes, change them to something you do.
- Multilingual support - Backpacks uses a proprietary automatic translation system known as i18nExtractor in its build chain. This means that you can automatically translate Backpacks into ANY language supported by Google Translate. See the GitHub about building Backpacks in your language.
- /bp - Shows help information.
- /bp help - Also shows help info.
- /bp config:reload - Reloads the configuration.
- /bp info - Displays info about the plugin.
- /bp item:info - Lists NBT data keys about the item you are holding.
- /bp item:info:get - Gets the type/data of a particular NBT data key.
- /bp item:give - Gives a player a backpack.
- /bp split - Splits a combined backpack.
- /bp materials - Lists all item types available to custom recipes in the configuration.
- /bp materials:search - Searches all of these materials for a specified one.
See a full list of permissions (as well as their default status) in the plugin.yml
You can view the configuration file here.
All of the recipes are customizable through the configuration, but here are the defaults
Key - Used to open the backpacks.
Small - Smallest of the backpacks. Size of normal chest.
Large - A pretty dang large backpack. Size of double chest.
Linked - A backpack capable of interfacing with many different types of containers: chest, double chests, furnaces, etc. It works at any distance, even across dimensions. It is the ultimate backpack.
Combined - A backpack which can store multiple backpacks for quick use.
Craft - A crafting table in a backpack.
Ender - An enderchest in a backpack.
You can donate by using the button at the top of the page or here. Any donation is appreciated. :D
The installation is literally just drag and drop, so if you are used to installing plugins, you shouldn't have to read this next part.
- Locate your "plugins" folder which is located in your servers home folder.
- Drop the downloaded .jar file into the plugins folder.
- Run the server once to complete the installation!
- NOTE: Backpacks will create some files. Do NOT delete or modify these files unless you know what you are doing. You could mess up someones backpack.
NOTE: This tutorial is of a much older version of backpacks. ITS NOT EVEN REMOTELY THE SAME.
See the open issues here for a list of known bugs.