Ascii Bukkit Menu
Ascii Bukkit Menu
What is it?
Ascii Bukkit Menu is a Bukkit server manager. Written with bash, designed to be simple and robust. Should work out of the box on most distros. Specificly designed to run on a headless server via a ssh session.
- Uses screen to keep server session running in background, can reconnect at anytime.
- Start/Stop/Restart commands.
- Send commands directly to bukkit server.
- Automatically update Bukkit server to latest recommended.
- Bukkit server log rotation. Rotates server.log on each start, keeps last 20 compressed.
- If using Ramdisks, will automatically copy worlds between ramdisk and localdisk. Then runs an md5sum to verify consistency of the data.
- Start and Stop server on boot using non-interactive mode.
- Java Runtime Enviroment http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
- bash http://www.gnu.org/s/bash/
- screen http://www.gnu.org/s/screen/
-Must have vertical support. (This is baked into debian based systems)
-Arch users try this package
-RHEL/CentOS use Git Souce | HowTo
- grep http://www.gnu.org/s/grep/
- wget http://www.gnu.org/s/wget/
- zip / unzip
- md5sum (optional)
- sysstat utilities (optional to see network usage)
- python (optional)
This will download and install ABM, then run an interactive script to setup the configuration.
No need to edit config manually.
Simply copy and paste the following to a bash shell.
wget http://dev.bukkit.org/media/files/667/24/install.sh && chmod +x install.sh && ./install.sh
Traditional method - zip:
wget http://dev.bukkit.org/media/files/667/23/abm-0.2.8.zip unzip abm-0.2.8.zip
Experimental Builds - git:
Not for the faint of heart.
git clone https://email@example.com/user77/Ascii-Bukkit-Menu.git
To use ABM simply change to the directory you installed it to and run the abm.sh script.
cd Ascii-Bukkit-Menu ./abm.sh
You can also run in non-interactive mode. This can be added to startup scripts. Currently doesn't work if you are using a ramdisk
./abm --start ./abm --stop
First check to see you have the correct dependencies as listed above.
Make sure your user has +rx permissions to Ascii-Bukkit-Menu directory
chmod -R u+rx Ascii-Bukkit-Menu chown -R you:yourgroup Ascii-Bukkit-Menu
Dosen't work on screen without vertical support.
This is very much a work in progress. So if you come across a bug, please open a ticket.