ArmorWeight adds weight to your armor! Heavier armor makes the player more immovable and slower. Decide twice if you want that heavy but strong diamond armor or if that swift leather armor would be better.
- Balance armor types! Strong armor now gets nerft by making the player slower and more immovable. Also, this increases the power of horses, as you keep your speed on them.
- More realism! Add realism to fights and duels on your server.
- More strategy! Tanky or good at escaping? Your players will have to decide and makeup strategies!
- No mods / use of potion effects needed!
- Fully configurable! Change every value and message for this plugin!
- Supports Forge items! Just add the mod Material names to the config file and it will just work! Mod armor tutorial
|/weight [player]||Get the weight of a player|
|/armorweight<help;reload>||Displays generic plugin help or reloads the plugin|
How weight works
- A "normal" Minecraft player weighs 100
- Less weight (e.g. 80) means lighter (= faster)
- More weight (e.g. 120) means heavier (= slower)
- Player weight = normal weight + armor weight
- A "normal" Minecraft horse weighs 500
- Horse weight = normal weight + rider (player) weight + armor weight
# The language chat: language: enUS # The weight of a player / horse wearing no armor playerWeight: 90 horseWeight: 400 # Enable / disable weight for players, horses, enchantments ... weightEnabled: armor: player: true horse: true horseRider: true enchantment: false # Enable / disable the speed (slowness) and knockback effect for players or horses effectEnabled: speed: player: true
playerCreative: false # for creative mode horse: true
amplifier: 1.0 # how strong speed should change
amplifier: 1.0 # how strong knockback should change # A list of all enabled worlds enabledWorlds: - "*" # A star (*) will enable all worlds - "world" - "world_nether" - "world_the_end" armor: # The weight of a full armor for each material type # You may also use any item (e.g. "pumpkin", "player_skull") weight: leather: 10 gold: 40 chainmail: 20 iron: 30 diamond: 50 pumpkin: -10 # The percentage share of a certain piece in total weight of the armor share: helmet: 17 chestplate: 45 leggings: 25 boots: 13 enchantment: # Make sure to enable this in weightEnabled.enchantment if you want to use it # How much every enchantment level adds to the weight of a armor piece weight: # The weight for all enchantments not specified general: 3 protection: 5 unbreaking: 5 weightWarning: # Whether warnings should be displayed when players wear heavier armor (text configurable in lang.yml) enabled: true # How many seconds have to pass until another warning can be displayed cooldown: 10
|armorweight.weight.armor||Makes your weight be changed by armor|
|Makes your movement speed change depending on your weight|
|Changes how you are knockbacked depending on how much you weigh (heavier players are knocked back less, lighter farther)|
|armorweight.command.weight.getown||Allows you to display your current weight|
|armorweight.command.weight.getothers||Allows you to display the current weight of other players|
|armorweight.command.plugin.info||Allows you to display information about ArmorWeight|
|armorweight.command.plugin.reload||Allows you to reload the configurations of ArmorWeight|
Source, JavaDoc, Buildserver, Maven, Documentation
You are free to make a plugin that uses ArmorWeight, but you have to credit me and link back to the plugin. Also, feel free to share your creations and send them to me!
Since version 0.3.13 this plugin sends statistics data to bstats.org (respectively before 0.3.13 to mcstats.org). To disable this, set the value "metricsEnabled" config.yml to "false".
If you get an exception regarding horse speeds on Cauldron, disable the horse speed effect.
ArmorWeight should work with all plugins that do not change the player or horse speeds. There are known compatibility issues when also having the plugin ZHorse installed. Disable the horse speed effect when using it.
If you encounter a plugin that is not compatible, please leave a comment I and will get to it.
ArmorWeight is compatible with: