Armor Stand Edit
Allows players in survival to easily edit armor stand pose and attributes. I hated that there was no way to edit armor stands without using command blocks or giving players permission to use dangerous(if given to everyone) cumbersome commands. That is why I created this tool!
- Easily edit armor stands with no commands
- Quick to learn
- Rotate all armorstand parts along each axis.
- Rotate the entire armorstand after it is placed.
- Open up the armorstand's inventory to place items where they wouldn't normally go. (Allows for dual wielding, banners on heads, pumpkins in had, etc.)
- Crouch+Scroll to change axis on the fly without opening the menu.
- Fine adjustment allows you to fine tune a body part's position while coarse adjustment allows you to quickly get it close to the intended position.
- Toggle show arms, invisibility, baseplate, normal/small size, and gravity.
- Move armor stands around to get them exactly where you want them.
- Copy settings of one armor stand and paste them to another.
- Survival-friendly pasting: It does not copy/paste/duplicate items unless the player is in creative mode.
- Store the copied settings in one of 9 copy slots.
- Name armor stands with name tags, just like with vanilla mobs.
- Now with colored names!
- Respects protection plugins such as Worldguard, Towny, GriefPrevention and Residence.
How to use
- Hold the editing tool in your main hand. (flint by default)
- Left/right click away from an armor stand to open menu.
- Select the labeled menu options.
- Left/Right Click the armor stand with the tool in hand to apply those options.
- Shift+scroll wheel up/down changes axis quickly
- Remeber that when rotating body parts left click rotates one direction and right clicking the armor stand rotates it the opposite way.
- Coarse adjustment rotates body parts quickly, while fine adjustment allows you fine-tune the position once it is close.
- When you copy armor stand settings, the tool automatically switches to paste mode
- Other ArmorStands getting in the way? Press the switch-items key (default F) to target a specific armorstand.
All commands are both not required and not recommended; using the editing tool is much easier than typing these commands. However, if you wish to use these commands for other plugins (eg your own chest menu GUI) you can do so.
/ase mode <mode> Sets the mode of the editing tool.
/ase axis <axis> Sets the axis used when rotating armorstand body parts
/ase adj <adjustment> Set the editing tool to rotate in large increments or small increments.
/ase slot <slot> Sets the edit tool's copy slot which will be used to either copy or paste armorstand attributes.
asedit.basic: Allow use armorstand edit functions. If set to false it will override all other functions.
asedit.invisible: Toggle armorstand visible/invisible.
asedit.rename: Allows player to rename armorstands with nametag (use & for colored names)
coarse: The number of rotations (and clicks) it takes to rotate a body part in a full circle using coarse adjustment. Default: 12
fine: The number of rotations to come full circle using fine adjustment. Default: 120
tool: Name of the edit tool's item Material. Default: FLINT
lang: The name of the language file to use. The file should be in plugins/ArmorStandEditor/lang/. Default: en_US.yml
sendMessagesToActionBar: If true, send most plugin messages to the action bar instead of chat. Default: true
- Disabled slots (disable taking off armor)
- Marker switch: Make the armorstand have no hitbox
- ???? Suggest some!
In reply to 6kongpowpuussee:
Armorstands in vanilla minecraft just do not bend that way. This would require a modification to the user's client. Bukkit is server side so I cannot make a bukkit plugin that does this.
Please update 1.8
In reply to Forge_User_99549420:
1.8 is about 4.5 years old and hasn't been the latest version for over 3 years! I don't update old versions of my plugin.
If you're set on using such an old version of the game, you could technically update it yourself or pay someone to update it for you. It's open source afterall!
Can you made an option for invurnerable armor stand? to be sure you won't accidentaly destroy it while fighting with a mob.
I would like to say I enjoy using the plugin and I made many things with it. Here are a few examples.
Grandfather clock and Swivel Chair:
Phone and Stove:
P.S. would love it if you could add the ability to disable/enable slots on armorstand.
I love your plugin and would love to put it on my server, the thing is, i think it is awsome enought for me to actually sell the access to your commands ( meaning only players who paid for it would be abble to use your plugin ), are you actually fine with it ?
I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK!!!! Why is it a .zip?! How can I make it work?!
I am not sure why you think it's a zip. It's a .jar file (which is similar to a zip but is not). It should not be a .zip.
To use the plugin, follow normal bukkit server plugin procedures. Install a server that supports bukkit plugins (I recommend spigot) and drag ArmorStandEditor.jar into the server's plugin folder.
nice implementation :)
Thanks for update! :D
This is actually a feature I have wanted for ages. The latest release has it!
To lock on to an armor stand, press the switch-items key while holding the edit tool (default F)
Thanks for Update!
I have another idea. Can u add mode named "lock" ? If armorstand "locked" then cant edit with other mode. I build so much buildings with multiple armorstands and it is annoying if other armorstands is in the way..
Ps: Sorry, my english is so bad xd.. I'm german idiot :D
This is awesome!
Uploaded an update. It should show up shortly :)
please add item meta in config.
I want use extra texture for this item.
Would LOVE to see this on 1.10.2
It's been compatible with 1.10.2 the whole time! However, I also pushed another update that is officially for 1.10.2.
It means click something that isn't an armor stand while holding the editor tool. Left or right clicking the ground, another entity or "nothing at all" all works fine.
what does it mean by "away from the armor stand"?