SummaryArenaGenerator API can be used by developers to create new, unique arenas for they're minigames that can be regenerated anew and different before the start of each game.
- Easy generation with default formations
- Unique arena every time
- Ability to create new formations
- Does not show up as a plugin as it is merely a library
- Easy to setup (easy as in the server owners don't have to do a thing spare installing the plugin)
- Since it doesn't connect to bukkit using JavaPlugin it doesn't need to be added to your plugin.yml file.
For UsersIf a plugin you use requires this plugin, simply download it and place it in your plugin folder.
For Developers=== adding dependancy === You must add these lines to the pom.xml file in your plugin to be able to access these features: In the Repository section add:
In the Dependency section add:
Using ArenaGenerator APITo use the API all you have to do is import it and input the coordinates of the southwest corner of the arena, the length (which will be rounded to the nearest chunk, and the number of players to generate spawn points for when instantiating the ArenaGenerator class. To create custom arena formations you have to instantiate a Section with a segment instead of a default type. Note that creating a segment only takes one parameter. This is because it assumes that the location you put in is the base of a Chunk (or a chunk sized area), you must set the y value of this location to 0 or it will mess up the whole segment.